Notices

Waking Up Strong.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Waking Up Strong.

Good Morning Y'all!
You wanna hear something amazing? I made good decisions last night and I woke up without guilt. Can you imagine that? My husband and I had a wonderful conversation about why he thinks I run to alcohol and I LISTENED I took it all in. There was no blame or hatred in our conversation. It was very relaxed and open. When listening to him I realized this man who in the past I thought didn't know or love me at all anymore, KNOWS ME he actually knows me very well and maybe better than I know myself. I found that in all the yelling and arguments from the past he just wanted his wife back, because me drinking wasn't that woman. And the love he has for me runs deeper than I could have imagined and he hates that alcoholism will now be a battle I deal with for the rest of my life.

I'm working out my triggers so that when my AV comes back I'm not only prepared for it but I'll have a plan in place.

Well thanks for reading and Y'all have a GREAT TUESDAY!!!
Old 07-26-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Never Again

Good sober morning, TXStrong! Thanks for sharing and it only gets better from here. We're always here to listen if you want to share your plan.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great. What a lovely start to your day.

Have fun devising your plan... http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-plans-2.html
Old 07-26-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great TXStrong
Old 07-26-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning, TXStrong! Sounds like a fabulous start.
Have a great day, too.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Y'all! I'm enjoying my lovely coffee and the overcast skies this morning.

I know I'm in a "safe zone" until this weekend. I work in the city Saturday and Sunday and "a" glass of wine before heading home always sounds good. I know I can't do this alone and although I've thought about reaching out to my cousin who has been sober for 15 plus years, I'm afraid he might share my secret with other family members. So my plan is to find a meeting around my work and around the time that I would be headed home. I think that will keep me motivated and give me connections to lean on.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sober style

I was genuinely moved by your original post, TXStrong, that's just awesome. Texas represent!