Notices

Rupert's Accountability Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 02:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rupert's Accountability Thread

Hope y'all don't mind if I do one of these threads. I think It would be a big help for me to have sort of a journal going to keep reminding myself why I first signed on here, like... 6 years ago? Jeez. I successfully go months without boozing but that voice saying "You're fine now... You can party a LITTLE bit" always creeps up on me and I end up on a binge worst than ever before. I always end up making excuses not to catch a meeting but my computer is always here so no excuses are possible.

I am on day 4... technically... its the middle of the night, haha. But, the responses I get on here are better than any advice I get from friends or family because they simply don't understand sitting crying in a hospital bed, anxiety through the roof, afraid of losing their mind from withdrawals, and begging the nurse to hurry the fudge up with the benzos. :/

I appreciate this community and all the wonderful people in it. I HAVE to post more so I don't forget that again. Thanks guys! Hope y'all have a great day/night!

Old 07-26-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent idea Rupert
Old 07-26-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get a little sleep before you have to face the day Rupert

D
Old 07-26-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Rupert. I'll be following you! Hope you're going ok today.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you considered going through all the different recovery programs and either combining all the parts from each or just following one to help you move past the "I am better now I can have one"? I have also found keeping a journal of how bad it is when you first stop using so that when you are thinking that you can have just one you can read what you will have to deal with if you do drink again? I would also recommend making a recovery plan so that you are prepared for all situation before they happen so you can look at your plan when the situation comes up?

I think it will be great to have a thread like this, this way you can keep a record of it and get feedback from people who can look back and see your situation and how far you have come.

Keep moving forward, we have all been there and you CAN overcome it!
Old 07-26-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck Rupert
Old 07-26-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Still day 4. Feeling stronger. Got some productive stuff done like sending out my resume to try to find a career and am happy in and did some writing too! Thanks again for the support, y'all! See ya clean and sober on day 5.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 5. Besides drinking about 5 red bulls today, I'm doing okay. Haha. See y'all later.