Notices

A truly Happy Birthday

Old 07-26-2016, 12:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A truly Happy Birthday

45 years young today and I can honestly say I am truly happy with the way things are going in sobriety.

I am so grateful for how the future is now looking and it is one that can only be attributed to the huge changes that have been made and the realisation that there is so much more to life than drugs and alcohol - the first one in 3 decades that I have spent truly on this planet and I can't wait for the day to start.

Off work today as the company gives all employees the day off on their birthday which is quite nice and off to get my present soon - a new bike �� - never thought at 45 I'd be saying I was getting a new bike for my birthday but been saying I would for a while and plenty of great tracks around where we live for mountain biking with my wife and daughter - more fun.

Away on our family holiday at the end of the week too and have so many activities planned - such a change from previous years where it was all about one thing - no more need for that I've found a life that's so much more rewarding.

Made a promise to myself to ensure I keep looking forward as the future is a happy one and one that I can thrive on doing so many different things - no need to look back anymore I'm missing nothing and that chapter is well and truly closed, I'm busy writing the new one.

Thanks to all that have helped me along the way since I found this place in November - some fantastic people on these boards and I have learnt so much from so many in a short time.

For anyone starting out and new around here then good luck and please stick with it - the benefits of sobriety are truly rewarding.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great day Andy

D
Old 07-26-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Bird Day..your post is very uplifting to read first thing in the morning, enjoy your bike
Old 07-26-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday many happy returns RedAndy I hope your Bay is a really nice day