Notices

I need help

Old 07-28-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Action is a very powerful tool against addiction. Make a plan and then start making steps. Thinking and talking is great. But taking whatever steps you need to take are the only thing that will get you to where you want to be.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Went to AA

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words. I've been to 3 meetings and 3 chapters into the big book. I was wrong about the 12 steps and even started praying again. I'm trying.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great stuff BRichards

D
Old 07-30-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

This is possible, BR - we're here to listen and help. Proud of you for giving the meetings a try.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad it went well. The speaker tapes are another great AA resource. This is the site I use.... 5500+ AA Speakers & Tapes - Organized & Mobile-Friendly!
Old 07-31-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BRichards View Post
I went 150 days sober and went to a bachelor party and haven't stopped drinking for 3 months. Super embarrassed. I drink at least 6 drinks a day and feel good when it's just 6 drinks. I could use some encouraging words. Going to my first AA meeting tomorrow.
150 Days! Nearly half a year! And then a relapse! This happened to me a number of times. Relapses happen. Don't think you have to go back to Day 1. Get back on the horse and learn from the experience. Try to anticipate relapses before they happen. They say your AV plans them well in advance. Sniff these out and head them off before they occur. Avoid people, places and things that trigger them. Get help from colleagues at AA. People with experience with relapses. They will help you. If an AA meeting makes you feel uncomfortable then find another. Same with a "sponsor". And if AA itself makes you feel uncomfortable and you don't want to stick with it there are other programs, like Smart Recovery. I was sober for eight years, had a series of relapses and, having finally gone to a rehab, have now nearly 28 years of sobriety. Good luck.

Bill.