Notices

Day 3, already craving

Old 07-25-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3, already craving

What a strange thing alcohol is. Last night after a meeting, I was hanging out with my best friend, and talking about life, alcohol abuse, and whatnot. We watched a movie and I slowly realized he was going into the kitchen every once in a while, not to get a glass of water or a snack or anything, but to take shots. I know he was doing it in secret sort of "out of respect for me" but as soon as I realized what he was doing, I felt the urge to go in there and ask for one. I didn't... Then, a few minutes ago, I was smoking a cigarette and thought, "Damn... a beer would be nice." Like... WHAT is wrong with me? I know, I'm an addict and what a crazy thing addiction is. I'm only 3 days sober after a week long binge that resulted in me trashing my room while crying and thinking about killing myself. Somehow with all of this SO fresh in my mind, I already wanted another drink again twice within 36 hours. People who say "Just drink less. Just have a few. Just stop drinking" have no idea what this is like. It's literally like the devil speaking into your ear or something. It's just so insane to think this way. Still sober, and will stay that way today. Thanks, guys! I know the cravings get better after a few weeks. I can't friggin' wait for those days. SHEESH!
Old 07-25-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

I know this pain, although you could have drank yesterday and you never. I struggle most on night 1,3 and 4 I generally don't make it past those but we need to try and stick with it.

That's the only way to get rid of this cure, I wish you all the best keep going.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The phyiscal craving for drink WILL go and it will be quicker than you think too. You so got this, hang in there it does get easier x x
Old 07-25-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is extremely common to have cravings the first weeks or two, but the more you work on your recovery the less and less you will crave a drink. Keep moving forward, you can do this. You already fought your cravings twice, you are stronger than you think just keep fighting- you deserve to be happy and free from the grips of addiction- you are worth it.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that, each time you get through a craving, it makes a little easier the next time.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on not caving it. I'm proud of you. Especially, on day 3..the urges may come but I'm glad u didn't cave.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You did awesome! I know it is difficult to feel, but you should already see the new you starting to take shape. And I can totally relate to the people who say "just drink less, just drink on weekends". Well if I have one, I'll have 10 so that doesn't work for me.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybe you can talk with your friends and let them know you really need there support for a few weeks meaning no drinking around you. I know that you are the one with the drinking issue and not them; however your recovery is your issue. Yes the drinking isn't around you, but the smell and the behaviors are. Those were what I struggled with. I had to tell my partner, I couldn't stand the smell on his breath or the behaviors. AND, I think you rock for your sober time!!
Old 07-26-2016, 01:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Get through with us Rupert you don't have to do this ever again