Notices

Back to day 1, but silver lining.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Back to day 1, but silver lining.

So my anxiety got the better of me last night and I drank, the silver lining am on a strong anti biotic for 7 days.

I definitely cant drink even when away on holiday this week, gives me a good start.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tambdy the more you realise the more you can accept your alcoholism I hear what your saying about the anti biotics but what happens after 7 days

Your not reaching out either I can't stress how important it is to try & protect your sobriety vs just going out without reaching out

Hope this is it for you
Old 07-25-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Tambdy the more you realise the more you can accept your alcoholism I hear what your saying about the anti biotics but what happens after 7 days

Your not reaching out either I can't stress how important it is to try & protect your sobriety vs just going out without reaching out

Hope this is it for you
Thanks SW, your right next time I will make sure I speak on the forum for support rather than going to drink.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EndGame

For me, looking for a silver lining after a relapse is a dangerous thing and doesn't do justice to what could actually happen if I were to pick up a drink.

When I relapsed for three years, I didn't learn anything from it that I didn't already know before I picked up the drink. So it didn't surprise me that I again ruined my relationships, lost my job(s), and wrecked my health. Or that I again became suicidal. Drinking is dangerous for me? I lose control over my thinking and behavior when I'm drinking? I make poor decisions when I'm drinking? I get in trouble when I'm drinking? I lose people and things who/that are important to me when I'm drinking? I can't moderate my drinking? I don't know a single alcoholic who doesn't know any of these things before he or she picks up a drink.

Not having killed myself or anyone else while I was drinking, and not having continued to drink to oblivion, was not a consolation prize for my surviving my relapse.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

If an antibiotic will keep you sober, maybe antabuse will work.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
If an antibiotic will keep you sober, maybe antabuse will work.
That's actually a good idea but since they wont give me anything for quitting I doubt they would do that.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
For me, looking for a silver lining after a relapse is a dangerous thing and doesn't do justice to what could actually happen if I were to pick up a drink.

When I relapsed for three years, I didn't learn anything from it that I didn't already know before I picked up the drink. So it didn't surprise me that I again ruined my relationships, lost my job(s), and wrecked my health. Or that I again became suicidal. Drinking is dangerous for me? I lose control over my thinking and behavior when I'm drinking? I make poor decisions when I'm drinking? I get in trouble when I'm drinking? I lose people and things who/that are important to me when I'm drinking? I can't moderate my drinking? I don't know a single alcoholic who doesn't know any of these things before he or she picks up a drink.

Not having killed myself or anyone else while I was drinking, and not having continued to drink to oblivion, was not a consolation prize for my surviving my relapse.
Alot of that makes sense thank u
Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello:

I agree so much with EndGame. Silver lining from relapse can be all AV.

What does your plan look like?

Are you working it?
Old 07-25-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by tambdy View Post
That's actually a good idea but since they wont give me anything for quitting I doubt they would do that.
Who's "they"? Your doctor?

I'm not sure what they won't give you for quitting...benzos? Antabuse is different. At least you could ask.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

All I know is I drank heavily on antibiotics for a month.. In fact that's when I relapsed. Tread softly as I don't think this plan will work.

What's your plan beyond taking the antibiotics?

ETA: Antabuse is scary stuff and there is a reason why Drs don't like to prescribe it. Research it throughly before considering this option.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

This could be a good time for you to think up a plan and implement it Tambdy?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html