Notices

Day 4 sober after 22 long years

Old 07-24-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 sober after 22 long years

Hi, I'm "Thundersnow" and I am an alcoholic.

My first AA meeting was 22 years ago. Been to AA many times throughout my life, and had not been to a meeting in over 4 years. For the first time though last week I decided to put my heart into it, and truly surrender after seeing how my drinking impacted family and friends. I have always known deep down the truth, but surrender was not attractive enough due to selfish desires. The definition of crazy was my lifestyle, as many of you can relate.

Been to three meetings since my last drink(s), and am eager for more. The support in these groups is amazing. This disease is taking lives every day. Its never too late.

Oh, and if you dont know what thundersnow is...check it out on YouTube. Its awesome (if you love snow).
Old 07-24-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad that you made it here and that things are going well for you. It's amazing what a diffrence true acceptance and willingness make. And how invisible that last bit of wall is to us until we finally take it down.

Don't know if you've ever come across this website. It's got a really good selection of AA speaker recordings on it that we can download for free. I bought myself a cheap little mp3 player which I keep a selection of my fave speakers on, so I can get a little hit of AA on my commute to work, or whenever I need one.

Keep hitting those meetings, but remember, AA meetings are not in themselves the program of recovery, and it when we engage fully with the 12-step program that those promises really start to materialise for us.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello & Welcome Thundersnow
Old 07-25-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you found us thundersnow

D
Old 07-25-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Glad that you made it here and that things are going well for you. It's amazing what a diffrence true acceptance and willingness make. And how invisible that last bit of wall is to us until we finally take it down.

Don't know if you've ever come across this website. It's got a really good selection of AA speaker recordings on it that we can download for free. I bought myself a cheap little mp3 player which I keep a selection of my fave speakers on, so I can get a little hit of AA on my commute to work, or whenever I need one.

Keep hitting those meetings, but remember, AA meetings are not in themselves the program of recovery, and it when we engage fully with the 12-step program that those promises really start to materialise for us.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery.
Lol. Think I forgot to put the link on. Doh... 5500+ AA Speakers & Tapes - Organized & Mobile-Friendly!