Notices

Beaniebaby's accountability thread

Old 07-24-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beaniebaby's accountability thread

Hi everyone - I'm on Day 3 and got some sleep last night. Not great but better. I'm feeling incredibly fatigued. I thought it would be good to start an accountability thread and check in every day during this critical period.

Had a good counseling session yesterday and adopting some good additional tactics to head off triggers like work stress. Tomorrow is my first day back at the office and a critical day to employ these new skills so I can go home and have a sober night. Yoga will be part of that day, as well as journaling my thoughts. However, one day at a time.

Today I will not drink and will take care of myself. That's all I need to worry about - today. Hoping a sober Sunday for everyone. Hugs...
Old 07-24-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, BeanieBaby let me be the first to say, I'll be looking forward to following your thread. Onward!
Old 07-24-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on day three and also kudos for taking some very positive steps towards real sobriety with your counseling, yoga, journaling - and starting this accountability thread. Taking action as you are will really pay off in the long run.

The fatigue and general uneasiness/anxiety is very common during the early/acute withdrawal phase. It WILL get better though, and the best news is you never have to do it again!
Old 07-24-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice move with the thread
Old 07-24-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome work! I love reading the accountability threads, I really look forward to following your journey
Old 07-24-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go beaniebaby. I know you can do it.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you, you too. Keeping it up feels better the longer you keep it up! Stay the course!
Old 07-24-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

good move BB

D
Old 07-25-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Monday afternoon at work

Day 4 going ok. However, it's the start of the 4 pm witching hour this afternoon at my office. Definitely feeling the urge for a glass of wine to take the edge off stress but determined to make it through this day so just ate three chocolate/raisin cookies and my craving has gone way down so feeling back in control. I'm focusing on my activities after work - like making dinner for the family and enjoying a sober evening. All the good things so far outweigh putting alcohol back into my body and waking up tomorrow feeling ill and guilty.

I've journaled this instance of craving and been tracking my thoughts. Work is stressful trying to get more work into the office to support our new third hire. But trying to not dwell on my worst fears that nothing will happen and keeping positive that we've had this type of slow down before, I'm doing all the right new biz dev. things and this too shall pass.

Hoping everyone is having a good Monday. Will write more before going to bed. Thanks for helping to keep me strong!!!
Old 07-25-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing amazing BB stick with us
Old 07-25-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Checking in before going to bed. A good sober evening but snacking more today. I suspect a combo of lost some weight after withdrawal (pretty much over now but lost my appetite so making up for that) and that late day urge for sugar now that I'm not drinking wine.

Definitely feel 100% better emotionally - was able to think and journal through the anxiety that would pop up today. Excited to go back to yoga tomorrow. So happy to have some good news for once. Thanks to all for staying with me!
Old 07-25-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sounds like a pretty good day overall... Great job!
Old 07-26-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - Day 5 and it feels awesome to wake up feeling good, without a hangover and ready to engage at the office, as well as be present for my family tonight. Right now I feel strong - I know that will ebb and flow likely during the day but I will keep focusing on the tremendous positives that are happening right now because I'm sober. Grateful for today.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

What a excellent post really happy for you x
Old 07-26-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Awesome BeanieBaby!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Coming up on the most challenging hour for me at work - 4 pm. Just ate another three chocolate/raisin cookies and feeling better. LOL!
Old 07-26-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

LOL hope they were lovely x
Old 07-26-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well, gang - made it through Day 5. Sitting here at home thinking about eating a big bowl of pasta before going to bed. Gaining a pound or two no big deal compared to waking up with a hangover, for sure. Onward to tomorrow. Wishing everyone a sober, happy evening. xoxo
Old 07-26-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Same to you BeanieBaby! Thank you.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 6

Hi everyone! Another great morning hang-over free and feeling ready to go. I have three new business calls today so it will be a busy one. The second one is at a restaurant and I know our prospect will be drinking. Our industry clients are young tech. companies. I plan to have a cranberry juice with some lime. This will be my first real challenge. I keep playing through what it will feel like to get to the end of the day and post tomorrow to you all that I made it to Day 7. I can do this!