Notices

Relapse nightmares

Old 07-24-2016, 12:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse nightmares

My sleep has regulated now two weeks out but I just woke up from a stressful dream in which I'd relapsed. In my dream I hadn't shown up to work or therapy in three days because I was on a binge again. When I woke up sober and in bed on a Saturday night the sense of relief was overwhelming.

I get to keep my job provided I do not relapse and provided I continue my outpatient program. This dream was so real because it is such a close possibility and one I would regret bitterly - even more so than showing up to work drunk a few weeks ago and being "found out" - this was my rock bottom and I can't believe I've gotten a chance to "get better" with the support of my work place... But holy cow did that nightmare just now feel real! Maybe it was a puschological reminder of how close crisis is and how hardline do have to be in my recovery.

The anti craving drugs work incredibly well for me. I wish I had starting taking them a long time ago!!

I'm going to try to calm down enough to sleep. I feel like I just had a "close call" even though it was just a dream.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Water, I am pleased it was just a dream, I have had them also, and the feeling of relief realising it was just a dream. That is really good that you are being supported by your work. Keep up the good work and I am happy you posted.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about the nightmare but glad it was just a dream hopefully with time they will reduce & dissipate