Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

This is for anyone struggling to stay sober, guests & newcomers

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

What is your sobriety worth ?

Think about this, if someone offered you £/$100,000 a day to stay sober guaranteed would you take that offer; because if you would, based on that, it shows that one you could do it & it also shows how much you're not putting a value on your own happiness and serenity without the incentive.

If you can do it for a £100,000 a day I'm telling you right now £100,000 doesn't even come close to sobriety's true value

If your struggling or just reading the board as a guest I implore you to get involved here at SR make a post, join a conversation, start a thread, make a friend... nothing changes if nothing changes

I remember being 31 broken lost & newly sober I'm 34 now and in 3 short years the difference in my life & the standard of my living has improved monumentally I kid you not if you feel too shy to speak publicly then msg someone you like the sound of privately, there is great wisdom & fantastic staff making SR a better place for all who suffer with addictions & disorders alike

Don't suffer in silence join in & get involved today

Old 07-23-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for your encouragement SW
This is absolutely a great community to be a part of

D
Old 07-23-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post wolf. So true.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post, Soberwolf. I've been struggling recently, and this place has, as always, been a great help.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So true! I too implore any lurkers to join and start posting. It completely changes your experience of this site. You become more invested in it and it keeps you coming back, just like the Facebook effect!
Old 07-23-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post Soberwolf..... Hello and Welcome any newcomers or lurkers.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Although I certainly would take the money I wouldn't trade the peace of mind, the friendships, the renewed relationship with my wife and family, my relationship with my God, the fact that I am truly living the life I was always searching for. I wouldn't trade what I have for all the money in the world because money can't buy peace.

Now that is not to say about $10mill wouldnt make me more peaceful than I already am but if I have to choose one or the other I would choose poor old broke and happy MIRecovery
Old 07-23-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Awesome post Soberwolf.

Thank you.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

"Don't stumble over something behind you." This is exactly what I needed to hear this evening. Thank you.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks SW.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Although I certainly would take the money I wouldn't trade the peace of mind, the friendships, the renewed relationship with my wife and family, my relationship with my God, the fact that I am truly living the life I was always searching for. I wouldn't trade what I have for all the money in the world because money can't buy peace.

Now that is not to say about $10mill wouldnt make me more peaceful than I already am but if I have to choose one or the other I would choose poor old broke and happy MIRecovery
The money would be incentive to stay sober my whole point was that if you would stay sober for 100k a day then your not seeing just how much sobriety is worth, in my case I value it more than 100k a day as you can't put a price on my sobriety so if you can do it for a 100k a day then do it for yourself as everyone is worth more than 100k a day in my book a lot more ..

Read it again Mir sorry if it's a lil confusing
Old 07-24-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Great post SW.

Being the age you quit now gives me the boost I need, change my life for the better.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Giving this a bump
Old 10-01-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Earth Child

NEEDED TO READ THIS RIGHT NOW
THANK YOU SOBERWOLF
Old 10-01-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you Soberwolf.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

No problemo guys
Old 10-01-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

WOW. Fantastic and such an inspiring post, Soberwolf. What a great way to look at sobriety and the value we place on our own happiness. I shall remember that one. Thanks so much for posting that.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
What is your sobriety worth ?

Think about this, if someone offered you £/$100,000 a day to stay sober guaranteed would you take that offer; because if you would, based on that, it shows that one you could do it & it also shows how much you're not putting a value on your own happiness and serenity without the incentive.

If you can do it for a £100,000 a day I'm telling you right now £100,000 doesn't even come close to sobriety's true value

If your struggling or just reading the board as a guest I implore you to get involved here at SR make a post, join a conversation, start a thread, make a friend... nothing changes if nothing changes

I remember being 31 broken lost & newly sober I'm 34 now and in 3 short years the difference in my life & the standard of my living has improved monumentally I kid you not if you feel too shy to speak publicly then msg someone you like the sound of privately, there is great wisdom & fantastic staff making SR a better place for all who suffer with addictions & disorders alike

Don't suffer in silence join in & get involved today

This seems like a wonderful place to be. I am tired of blacking out every night and not knowing what I have said to people over the phone. People like sober me, not drunk me. I don't like drunk me anymore. I feel anxiety every night after doing as much homework as I can and working part time. I isolate myself in my room, drink until I black out while playing Xbox, go stuff my face with food, say things to people I don't remember (last night I texted my friend things including Hillary Clinton with tons of explicit sexual content.) really? Lol. I become a different person, and I'm tired of it, I'm not even 21 yet. I am here for all of you
Old 10-01-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanx, SW. Never thought of it that way. Great post.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Fantastic post Wolf!!