Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face newbie

Most of the time I feel like my drug use hasn't crossed the line into addiction. Looking back 2 months, sober, the thought process looks scary. I was doing a line in my family's bathroom, genuinely believing the people around me were manipulating and out to get me for repeatedly talking about drug abuse and addiction.

The primary reason for sharing and keeping in check now is...I want to have a happy life no matter what I have to believe and share, I really want a healthy family, and life is too short to waste a day paranoid, isolating, and miserable on the inside.

Anyway I'm brooke.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Brooke! I'm right with you on this.
It's awful right now, seeing how much I've messed up, how bad it had really gotten.
But it's helping me to stay motivated to stay sober. When I was thinking, "it's not all that bad" then it was easy to relapse. I hope that now that I see how awful it's really gotten, as painful as it is to look at it and as scary as it is to be living in the mess I've made of my life, that it will keep me inspired to keep in recovery.
Welcome to SR!
Old 07-17-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR Brooke! You'll find lots of support and people who understand here. Good job on recognizing your drug issues, that's the first step ( an a very important one ) to getting better. Have you ever attempted to quit before?
Old 07-17-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I've stopped and started a lot... I don't know. I'm almost 30 and at this point it seems like a waste.

I want to get married some day, move, buy a house. That all seems impossible if I don't believe to never again.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Thanks Brooke! I'm right with you on this.
It's awful right now, seeing how much I've messed up, how bad it had really gotten.
But it's helping me to stay motivated to stay sober. When I was thinking, "it's not all that bad" then it was easy to relapse. I hope that now that I see how awful it's really gotten, as painful as it is to look at it and as scary as it is to be living in the mess I've made of my life, that it will keep me inspired to keep in recovery.
Welcome to SR!
I do insanely stupid things when I'm drunk or on something, and the days surrounding it I continue doing stupid things.

I'm moody in general. I become a complete paranoid ********.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by geldofc View Post
Thanks everyone. I've stopped and started a lot... I don't know. I'm almost 30 and at this point it seems like a waste.

I want to get married some day, move, buy a house. That all seems impossible if I don't believe to never again.
Hi Brooke. As they say, "nothing changes if nothing changes." Yes you have to quit first before you can get married, buy a house, etc. but it is not a waste, and at 30, your life is far from over. Have you thought about going to NA?
Old 07-17-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 07-17-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi
Old 07-17-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Brooke, hope you stick around and are able to use this forum to help you.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, geldofc, and congratulations on choosing a better way of life in recovery.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Brooke

D
Old 07-17-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get clean and sober for good.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenLifter View Post
Hi Brooke. As they say, "nothing changes if nothing changes." Yes you have to quit first before you can get married, buy a house, etc. but it is not a waste, and at 30, your life is far from over. Have you thought about going to NA?
Thanks all. I've gone to AA and felt out of place... I don't know. I might try it again