Old 07-24-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on 8 days Thumbelina

D
Old 07-24-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nice work on reaching 8 days. I was exhausted for the first few weeks. We've beaten ourselves up rather badly and need to heal.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 9.
For the first time in a while I've had a pretty clear head today. Haven't had any cravings either, just the odd habitual thought. A good day all around
Starting to work on a welbeing plan next. A healthy diet and some exercise is long overdue!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 10. Done. :-)
Old 07-29-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So it's been going great until tonight when I NEARLY went to the shop to get a bottle of wine. I had my shoes on and my car keys in my hand. God only knows how, but I managed to turn back. Currently in bed eating pretzels and catching up on posts on here. Phew...
Old 07-29-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Whew indeed. What happened to push you that close to the edge? And what do you think you can do next time to avoid being that close to disaster?

Oh, and by the way- You Rock!
Old 07-29-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstymer View Post
Whew indeed. What happened to push you that close to the edge? And what do you think you can do next time to avoid being that close to disaster?

Oh, and by the way- You Rock!
Nothing happened as such. I just had this sudden urge to go and get some wine, as though my brain was completely refusing to accept the fact that I don't drink anymore. Thankfully, I managed to reason with myself and got ready for bed instead
Weirdly, the craving has since vanished and I don't think I would touch the wine if it was in front of me.
Really need to work on this in preparation for when/if it happens again.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Thumberlina
Old 08-26-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

The endless stop/start cycle has to stop. I have been on this ferret wheel for way too long. Sorry I have not checked in for a year. Been lurking a lot though. Sometimes envious of all the strength some of you have to do what's right and getting your lifes on track. I wish I had a fraction of your strength and motivation.
I'm on day 7. Saturday morning here and I'm pretty clear headed. I love this feeling. I love being sober. I love looking around me and seeing things rationally, for what they are, as though my vision has actually improved. I love having actual conversations with my children instead of the impatient brush offs that I feel so guilty about. I really want this to last.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Thumbelina - I remember you
Old 08-26-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome back, I only joined in the last month but have been visiting SR for over a year. It is hard to quit, no doubt. I have started and stopped many times.

Something has bought you back.....hang on to that and take it one step at a time. I am new and struggling so don't have much wisdom to offer but I wish you well in your own quest for sobriety.

Take care
Old 08-26-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Thumbelina. Congratulations on 7 days!
Old 08-26-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
The endless stop/start cycle has to stop. I have been on this ferret wheel for way too long. Sorry I have not checked in for a year. Been lurking a lot though. Sometimes envious of all the strength some of you have to do what's right and getting your lifes on track. I wish I had a fraction of your strength and motivation.
I'm on day 7. Saturday morning here and I'm pretty clear headed. I love this feeling. I love being sober. I love looking around me and seeing things rationally, for what they are, as though my vision has actually improved. I love having actual conversations with my children instead of the impatient brush offs that I feel so guilty about. I really want this to last.
Thumbalina, if you had a fraction of the strength and motivation I had when I quit, then that would be zero. I lacked the power, i was powerless.

I fixed that by finding the power through the AA program. Since I went there and fully joined in the action, I have had all the power, strength and motivation I need to stay sober permanently.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Happy that you returned, Thumbelina. You haven't stopped seeking a better life for yourself. You can do it.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind comments guys.
I treated myself to a couple of new books yesterday and spent the evening reading....Pure bliss.
Up bright and early this morning. Going to tackle the garden today and spend the afternoon with my children.
Day 8 ☺