Notices

very hard not to drink right now.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am sorry about your ankle and being out of work. I was in the same boat 3 years ago, losing my career. After that is when I turned to the bottle 23 hours a day. I was losing my coop which I own and I didn't want to think. I spent the next 2 years, drinking instead of thinking. Got another job, last year and still couldn't pay what I owed, so I lost that job do to my drinking. By the grace of god, I saved it last month and have 12 days sober. I just found out my unemployment has ended and instead of picking up I focused my energy on getting a job. I now have 2 interviews tomorrow and am optimistic. I share this story cause I know the feeling of worrying where you will get your next income. Trust me, drinking will just add to your financial problems and probably affect your ability to work on getting disability. I pray things work out for you.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your support I did end up drinking . Of course it didn't help anything or make anything better . But in a way im glad I did I guess because I dont want to live like this . And like someone mentioned while im out of work might as well work on my sobriety and myself . I need a clear head right now . Im a firm believer that everything happens for a reason I just dont know what the reason for this is yet.

Im going to pour out everything else thats left and try to do the right thing for myself and my family.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FLA

Originally Posted by foryoumyson View Post
well i broke my ankle and not from being drunk i stepped in a hole my son dug up . now no work and no pay no idea what to do trying to apply for short term disability of course the doctors wont fill it out right away have to wait on them now . plus it still takes 2 weeks to go through no idea what is going to happen . just want to drink and forget for that small of time i know it dosent make anything better no idea what to do....life just brings you down when your already down i guess sucks .
Drinking will pro long the healing rate of your ankle. That's a fact. So unless you want to be out of the game even longer it's not a wise choice. Also drinking could lead to you going even further into alcoholism and never even going back to work. You're smarter than that. Do make your son fill every hole in the yard up or tell him to pick up golf and start practicing to pay the bills! Everything will work out.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's possible to use this experience for your own good - next time you start to thinking you need/have to drink, you can refer back to this thread FYMS?

D
Old 07-19-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Start again and you can do it--I'm sorry you got hurt but
I also think everything happens for a reason.

Keep posting and know you aren't alone FMS
Old 07-20-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenLifter View Post
If you're tempted, just "play the tape through." Like a movie in your head....you take a drink, what happens next? How does it end? Remember the last time, the hangover, feeling irritable, remorseful, not wanting to deal with anything...
I second that.