Old 07-17-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'll go with Renault, Sao.

Morning, everyone. Some nice pics!
Old 07-17-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Goosfraba

I just spent 90 minutes working on the sliding glass door. Much of that lying on the wet deck trying to adjust the rollers. Nasty business.

It's better, but it's not right. I'm trying not to spend $1,000 having someone come fix (or replace) it for me, but it feels like a losing battle.

I'm so irritated I'm drinking ginger ale in my orange juice - and it's only 0945!

I might have to get the wrecking bar out today. Something somewhere needs to be in smaller pieces. I don't know what it is yet, but I'll find it.

[/vent]

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

Feels so good to wake up sober. I'm letting this nice hot coffee slowly pull me out of my sleepiness. I made it strong and it is wonderful.

It's cooler here than it has been, and there is some rumbling in the clouds. So who knows how the day will shape up. Supposedly rain and high 80s. I don't think it'll get that hot. Edit: I hear the raindrops... sounds beautiful! Sounds like I don't have to water my garden, haha!

I just want to close my eyes again but I'm going to an aa meeting with some buddies.

I'm having the biscuits and sausage gravy itch again! Mmm! I think I need to make it myself, I want it to taste exactly like my Moms.

My best friend is in town, I haven't seen her in almost four years. We text everyday and speak frequently, tho. We are going to have dinner at our favorite place where back in the 90s we could smoke in the restaurant and the guys working there would sit down with us and play guitar and sing to us. Ahhhhhh to be in your 20s the place still has awesome food, and the nostalgia factor will have us giggling and reminiscing in no time.

Those are my ramblings this morning.

Oh one more... I had an excellent time at the second job opportunity last night. They did give me an offer. I have to go with the first one bc it is significantly more money and more varied duties, and more possibility for growth. I adored the food and the kitchen vibe at the second place. That would be more of a focused chef position. But I want to move around, and the first opportunity will have me opening two restaurants in the next two months. I thrive off openings!

Smooches to all! Let's make it a great day!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

@weasel, I like your rock sculpture. It looks like it could be on one of those motivational posters.

@Brain, thanks. Believe me, a bit part of why I'm four weeks sober right now is that it has finally sunk in that I'm missing out on the great things I have right in front of me.

Rain has moved off, so now we're left with 20-30 mph (35-45 kph for you Euros) winds. I'm afraid my tiny little six year old is going to blow away on the soccer (football) field (pitch). (I love writing for an international audience!)
Old 07-17-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Goosfraba

I just spent 90 minutes working on the sliding glass door. Much of that lying on the wet deck trying to adjust the rollers. Nasty business.

It's better, but it's not right. I'm trying not to spend $1,000 having someone come fix (or replace) it for me, but it feels like a losing battle.

I'm so irritated I'm drinking ginger ale in my orange juice - and it's only 0945!

I might have to get the wrecking bar out today. Something somewhere needs to be in smaller pieces. I don't know what it is yet, but I'll find it.

[/vent]

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Repairing sliding doors is the worst. Once they get to a certain point, it's just a losing battle. I think the little adjustment bits just tend to wear out over time, and once that happens it's all downhill. I sympathize with you!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning everyone.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

((Ken)) The realization that your spending last days with someone is both comforting and unsettling I'm sure. What sweet memories you'll have and what a great friend you are

I have the next few hours completely to myself! Not sure what I'll do but I'll try and relax and savor the moment! Wish it was raining here then I'd feel better about lazing around in bed lol!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
...holds the key

On Saos car, I have no clue but the side view mirrors are kinda neat!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Brain, your garden is gorgeous! Must be very satisfying to see the results of your hard work!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Datsun
Old 07-17-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Sao must be readying the announcement of the fabulous prizes for the correct answer.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It's a car. An old one to be more specific.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Nons - starting early with the OJ and ginger ale - be careful.. and thanks for reminding me - NOT - my slider downstairs is taking extra effort to roll. It's 25 years old and a heavy sucker... I replaced the rollers on the screen a couple times already... but the door itself - needs to be replaced...

glad you are here notgonnastoptry - it's the best

Trees - datsun - stellar guess...

haha, SUID - the winner!
I picked this stuff about an hour ago as I started cooking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
7.17 pick.JPG (94.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 07-17-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

OMG ... I want a cigarette so bad. It's been 24 hours since I had my last one and the cravings haven't eased up.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning! I had a horrible sleep with nightmares, I kept dreaming someone was in the room and would wake up and flip the lamp on in a panic.
So finally just slept with a low light on.

Brain the garden is so beautiful- and it looks so perfect- everything is just right; you've done such a great job!

And I did write out the fireworks story for roanoke in the journal.
He'll get it, he thinks too much.
I can't wait to read his when it's complete
Old 07-17-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

what does squash have in common with shrimp?

that's right, there are a million ways to cook it and it goes with everything
Attached Images
skwash.JPG (53.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 07-17-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

My first instinct on the car is Maserati. Dunno why. I think it's the over-bite/"Who you lookin' at?" thing. Reminds me of a guard dog.

Morning all!
Old 07-17-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Yikes SU!!! Xo
I'm gonna try again tomorrow- you can do it!!!

Brain that food looks so fresh and beautiful! Like a farmers market.

Sao I don't know- but I like that pic!!

It not raining today for once, I think I'll head out to the mountains for a hike, meet my friend for lunch, go to work and check out smart today.
Cook a bbq as well.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
saoutchik

My £1 million was probably always going to be unclaimed (not that i've got a million pounds in first place)

That is a 1973 Iso Fidia - obscure to the point of madness.

It is one of a small number of Italian manufacturers who used large American V8s instead of producing their own engines (De Thomaso is probably the best known)

Due to snobbery and elitism these cars used to be somewhat looked down upon in years gone by which was silly because in the 1960s if you bought a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Maserati they never actually worked.

More recently they have started to become appreciated and correspondingly prices have jumped. As I have mentioned before I would love an Iso Grifo but they are way out of my price range and there are hardly any unrestored ones

Below is a pic of a presumably restored one

Quite impressive but not exactly pretty
Attached Images
rps20160717_160517.jpg (46.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-17-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

so after you cook the sausage, just toss some pierogies into the same pan and fry em up, add a little butter near the end and sprinkle with green onion ...
Attached Images
peeroogies.JPG (58.9 KB, 28 views)