Notices

Bastille Day Reality Check

Old 07-15-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Catch 22

Bastille Day Reality Check

As we contemplate with shock and horror the senseless and vile Bastille Day attack sobriety becomes even more relevant.

Eighty four peoples lives were cut short. They have no chances left. I think of all the times I acted irresponsibly while under the influence, and how I got away with it. I was lucky.

I also think of the many many hours and days wasted being drunk. Life is short. Life is precious. We as recovering alcoholics get another chance. That again, is our luck. Using that chance and staying sober is now our choice.

It will be crazy to waste it.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post Darwina . Its hard to take in what happened in France and in other parts of our world .
Old 07-15-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I have today and that is all I am gaurenteed to ever have. 28 year old daughters aren't supposed to die of cancer but they do. I have been reborn and I don't plan on screwing up my second life especially after I have worked on it as hard as I have. If I go tomorrow I will be ok with that because I did as good as I could
Old 07-15-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reminder Darwinia. It's so tragic what's going on in France. :-(
Old 07-15-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Darwinia for the post. Too often I take my health for granted. My continued success in waking up each morning to greet another day. There are no guarantees in life so may as well make the most of what I have today.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, Darwinia. We always think life stretches out before us forever - and there'll always be time to fix things. We need to respect & treasure the precious life we've been given.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very lovely post, Darwinia.

Prayers for peace and security in France, and for comfort and support for those who have lost loved ones. Prayer of recovery for those injured.