Notices

Day 81

Old 07-15-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 81

Good day, Today is day 8 and once again I am feeling amazing. Yet, I do seem a little bit worried. I am feeling great that there is no more worry about physical withdrawal symptoms..only the mental. But I keep reminding myself that the past week has probably been the longest period in my life that I haven't been in any stressful or tragic situations. I find myself asking over and over again in my head... are you going to be this strong when you are confronted with a stressful situation? What if you argue with your dad? What if there is a death in the damily? What if you don't find a new job? I am trying to learn new coping skills in advance so that I am prepared. Surpringly, there has been no urge to drink..yet. Has anyone else done the same thing? Trying to prepare for a bad day before you encounter one?
Old 07-15-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just know you can get through anything one day at a time without drinking. Really. The ego tells us a story that we can't, so we will return to the addictive substance. In early recovery it really does help to just live in the present moment. Don't think too much about what's ahead. When things do happen, practice acceptance. Be happy.