Notices

I am done. Time to get well and healthy

Old 07-14-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am done. Time to get well and healthy

I've been waffling for a while but really think I am ready to be done. Tired of worrying about my health and wondering every day just where I might be on this downward spiral. I want to be healthy and well again, to be happy and joyful on life's terms, to grow in fellowship with my Lord again, to make the last half of my life better than the first, to look myself in the eye each morning and be grateful instead of shameful and scared. I know it will be a journey and I am okay with that. I am ready. I am taking the early steps and embracing it. Hope to see you on the path.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on your decision TBH. I hope you can join us here on SR to share your journey too!
Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Best decision you'll ever make TBH no happiness to be found in the bottle. One day at a time....be kind to yourself!
Old 07-14-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi ToBeHappier, you won't regret your decision.

You're amongst people who understand and can relate to your problem, and mainly, can help each other.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello and Welcome..... so glad to hear you say this. Prayers of patience and strength for you tonight.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToBeHappier View Post
I've been waffling for a while but really think I am ready to be done. Tired of worrying about my health and wondering every day just where I might be on this downward spiral. I want to be healthy and well again, to be happy and joyful on life's terms, to grow in fellowship with my Lord again, to make the last half of my life better than the first, to look myself in the eye each morning and be grateful instead of shameful and scared. I know it will be a journey and I am okay with that. I am ready. I am taking the early steps and embracing it. Hope to see you on the path.
Great choice! You mention the Lord so I know you are religious - and your post reminded me of the Richard Rohr meditation for today. I think he is excellent and get his email meditations daily- you can also get them weekly or monthly. Check out CAC -
https://cac.org/sign-up/

I also use a devotional from Hazelden (the well known rehab in MN) called Keep It Simple: Daily Meditations for 12 Step Beginnings and Renewal.

Good luck in your physical and mental and emotional journey!
Old 07-15-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 07-15-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR where we are all at different stages in the process of gaining, and retaining sobriety. You have overcome the biggest hurdle, admitting that you do in fact have a drinking problem. Now that you have reached that milestone, you can really plan your road to a happier, healthier, more peaceful, sober life. I'm struggling myself, day 11 of being sober, so I understand fully where you are at this moment and how you feel. For all of us, we need to take it one day at a time. Don't give up on yourself and your future even if you relapse. Get straight back to it if you do. Just remember that at the moment alcohol controls your life . Don't give that power to alcohol, keep it for yourself! I'm trying to take back that power myself!

Keep coming back to SR. The very second that thought of drinking pops into your mind, open this application, no matter where you are, and reach out. Someone is always here to support you.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a wonderful decision. Lots of support here. Stick around. Wish you the best.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congratulations on choosing to live a better way of life, ToBeHappier.

I know that active participation here on SR has been a cornerstone of my own recovery so far. (125 days) I highly suggest joining the Class of July 2016 thread found on this same forum. It's a great way to learn from and help others who are newly sober.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I could have written this post myself, I'm right there with you.. We are in this together
Old 07-15-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your decision to change your life for the better! You can do this! :-)
Old 07-15-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you are here!!
Old 07-15-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it. Having a great Friday night. Hope you all are too.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToBeHappier View Post
to look myself in the eye each morning and be grateful instead of shameful and scared.
I know exactly how you feel! Go for it buddy - this thing is beatable