Sending a virtual hug your way Melina
Old 07-12-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Friends I hope your day has been good or as good as
Old 07-12-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Melina...I hope you feel better.
I'm not feeling great either, since I couldn't sleep last night. It will be an early night for me...
Old 07-12-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Any of the European/British contingent on here cycling fans? I try to keep up with all of the races as best I can (most races aren't televised in the U.S.), and so I've been watching Le Tour nonstop for the past week. I haven't seen today's stage yet, but it's turning out to be a decent race so far. I don't have anything against Sky and Froome, but I'd like to see it still be a race heading into the last few days, unlike some of the snooze-fests we've had in recent years. Quintana seems to be on form, and there's a few other surprises all within a minute of the yellow jersey.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I know what I'm going to write is going to sound strange and I do have an appointment with my therapist on Friday and I do plan on discussing it with him.

I feel this terrible guilt a lot. I feel like I have to talk to my parents several times a day to prove I'm not drinking.

Well my mom called me this morning when I was awake but still in bed. I didn’t feel like talking to her at that time so I let it go to voicemail. I thought I won't call her. I'll wait until I get into the queue for coffee and then I'll call her perhaps. She actually called me again while I was buying a newspaper on my way to work. She greeted me and then handed the phone to my dad and I could hear her say "thank God she answered. I was starting to get really worried".

She asks me everyday if I'm happy with my work. I always say "yes I'm very happy and you don't have to keep asking". She said "sorry I just worry about you a lot after the terrible years".

I feel guilty again about what I put them through. But I am not drinking now and I am trying to build a new life for myself.

I just wanted to get that out there.

My therapist had to do a lot of work with me in relation to my guilt and shame. I know this is her problem and she is not going to change so all I can change is my reaction to her.

I still have a lot of work to do I guess.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sending you best wishes, Melina!

Username, I have never really watched or followed professional sports. I used to be a runner, but now my feet hurt if I run.

Well, I was sticking by the phone on my day off because there was a technician trying to fix one of the industrial washers at the hotel where I am housekeeping manager. They charge $95 per hour including travel time, and to get here takes a couple hours driving plus a couple hours for the ferry each way. He showed up at about noon and apparently everything was fixed by about 1 pm, which is great but we are still looking at about a grand.

Now I am waiting for a car dealer to call me back. You would think that since we are spending a bunch of money, he would return calls more quickly!

No, I don't have a cell phone (no service here) and our portable phone is broken.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

CF ~

Fellow Geeks rave about VOIP Ooma Phones. Saw one @ WallyWorld for <$90-.

Can't link you any Site bc of the *No Commercial Links* Policy here.

BTW, on the last few RV Trailer Trips, Gomer Geek, here, has been mucking with really long range Cellular Antennas & Amps. Got a Trucker's Antenna & 3 Watt Amp. The FCC Legal Maximum. I can hit Cell Towers from 20+ Miles away.

On tap are some Experiments on porting this Amp into a 'Shark Fin'-looking, very directional Antenna. It really cranks up the Gain, and I'll hit Towers even further away. A little square Pickup on a Cable leading into the Amp picks up a regular Cell Phone signal from nearby; or inside a Vehicle.

I've taken to putting our Cellphones on Wi-Fi Priority 'round here. They link to a hotchit WiFi Router I bought. You then call in/out via Landline Internet in a transparent manner, saving Cellphone Minutes.

An Ooma Phone would likely be cheaper [no Cellular Minutes used]. I mention this other simple-to-use Cellular Gear bought at Amazon only if it might be handy at your House, etc. <$450 of Hardware that's easy to use.

A Music Pal lives up on Bainbridge, so I kinda 'get' the challenges you're talking about.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Melina))) (((Haf))) (((tetra)))
Hope I didn't miss anyone who needed a hug. If I did here's a hug for everyone ((((weekenders))))

Survived the dreaded Dr appt! I'm really sad he's retiring....it's hard finding an obgyn that you feel comfortable with.

Back at work and the people in the office next door are making a scraping sound or something that sounds like nails on a chalkboard EEK!
Old 07-12-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
CF ~

Fellow Geeks rave about VOIP Ooma Phones. Saw one @ WallyWorld for <$90-.

Can't link you any Site bc of the No Commercial Links Policy here.

I really don't think I want to be tied at the hip to my phone connection. I kind of don't mind spending my day off here at SR sitting by the phone--I'm also dong dishes and laundry, or rather a machine is doing them for me. I'm also getting some quality time with my cats.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have been watching the evening highlights show Username, hopefully it will stay close and that does mean Quintana will have to shine ( great though he has done so far I can't see Adam Yates challenging for the yellow jersey). The whole drugs scandal is still a factor that takes some of the edge off of my enjoyment which is a shame as it is a fantastic event
Old 07-12-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Old 07-12-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Perhaps they have become zombies brynn and are trying to claw their way out of the office.

I can understand tetra, it's hard to put the past behind you when it keeps being brought back up.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Is that Mesa on his RV trips brynn?
Old 07-12-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Tetra, I would urge you to be patient. Things sometimes change quickly but often only slowly, but they do change.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I have been watching the evening highlights show Username, hopefully it will stay close and that does mean Quintana will have to shine ( great though he has done so far I can't see Adam Yates challenging for the yellow jersey). The whole drugs scandal is still a factor that takes some of the edge off of my enjoyment which is a shame as it is a fantastic event
Given the hell these guys put their bodies through, I'm more surprised when one of them proves to be clean instead of doping.

I don't see Yates as a serious challenger either, or Dan Martin for that matter. I've been rooting for Quintana for years, but he never seems to make it over the hump. If it wasn't for that ridiculous descent by Froome on stage 8, they'd be in a virtual tie for the lead. I'm concerned about the time trials, as Froome is pretty decent at it. He might be able to put some more time in on Q.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tetra, it doesn't sound strange, it must be debilitating having to put up with parents being over protective even if they mean well , I can't imagine my girls would be too pleased if I called them several times a day

Coldfusion -I just Googled Orcas Island -it looks spectacular
Old 07-12-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
waking down

Oh, great memories of Orcas Island... even though I was hammered...

So, over 30 months sober and finally called a doctor for a regular check up. Last year I was so busy just staying alive (several surgeries) that I don't remember ever following up on some of the conversations I had with my doc shortly after getting sober. So, time to get the blood work and learn my status. Other than occasional sugar binges I've been pretty good to myself, though I could exercise more. Still, I'm not a potato. Wish me luck.

Never had to deal with an overly protective mom. She was lovingly neglectful, which is to say she did the best she can considering...
Old 07-12-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey Brynn ~

I'd take offense if that Selfie weren't so accurate!

I've taken one of several Dish Network Dishes from out behind the Shed and - in separate Experiments - put a Cellphone [on Speakphone Mode] or a remoted WiFi Antenna at the Focal Point at the end of that little Arm. Like a Magnifying Glass for Signal. A Cooking Wok works well, too, and MultiTasks in the Trailer as a Cooking Item.

I hit the Home WiFi Network of some unsuspected Soul from 'up here', and got on line via his Network ~3 Miles away. This was before I had any Connectivity goin' here at the House. If I'm not Thinkin', I could be Drinkin'.

Bc Geek LIfe, as Melina would say...

One Geek I saw on line glued a ton of small, square Mirrors on an identical Dish. He ran Water through a Copper Coil at the Focal Point at the end of that Arm. Instant Solar Hot Water Collector that heated the Poopee out of cold Water. Fast. The trick is to set the proper Water flow, and not scald yo sef while Showering, or doing Dishes while Off-Grid.

I get what you're saying, CF. Just wanted to toss that out there in case Connectivity was an Issue up there...
Old 07-12-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Work was so quiet today. I got 3 e-mails all day. Three. Zero phone calls. I made one call, left voice mail, haven't gotten a call back. It gets to be a long day when not much happens.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

congratulations on shotgun HaF. That's great. Work has intruded on my busy life. Dang it.

Love the Caboose, Sao. That is really cute. But does it have good food?

Melina, HaF, Tetra, I hope you all feel better.

Back to work.