Notices

Day 6

Old 07-12-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Hope everyone has a great day. Just wanted to share that day 6 feels amazing. Is it normal or has anyone else been nervous about doing so well. For 2 years, I couldn't go 3 hours w out wine. Never got past day 2, unless in detox. This time, I am only experiencing the positive effects of being alcohol free. It's scary in its own way, I keep expecting to wake up feeling sick. Sending positive energy and thoughts to all.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Determined ...
I never had any positive energy and thoughts to send out at any of my many day 6 points. I remember going to lots of AA meetings during my extended period of struggling to 'not drink'. When they would offer the 30 Day chip, I would always think to myself, "I got 30 days not drinking, just not in a row". I also remember every time they read the 'Promises' and got to the point where everyone responded "we think not" (about the promises being for real) I would always say, "I HOPE not".

Then, after 2 times in rehab, I thought I was 'OK' to drink ... and I went on that long slow slide again into living hell ... when it got so bad inside I couldn't take it any more, I completely gave up and actually WORKED the 12 Steps with people I knew in the Program, a Sponsor, and lots of online web-links and Recovery Speaker Messages ... I am now over 2 Years completely Sober, and 'craving a drink' is not even in my day-to-day inner self life.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW anyone can B 2
Old 07-12-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job! And glad you are feeling well. Just think- you WILL keep feeling better as long as you don't drink. Keep going!!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Way to go on 6 days Determined! Positive thought & energy back at you
Old 07-12-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope you have a good day too Determined!

I remember being absolutely miserable for my first few Day 6's. I was very positive on my last Day 6 and that's the one that's stuck for me. Keep doing what works for you in your sobriety.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
Good for you Determined ...
I never had any positive energy and thoughts to send out at any of my many day 6 points. I remember going to lots of AA meetings during my extended period of struggling to 'not drink'. When they would offer the 30 Day chip, I would always think to myself, "I got 30 days not drinking, just not in a row". I also remember every time they read the 'Promises' and got to the point where everyone responded "we think not" (about the promises being for real) I would always say, "I HOPE not".

Then, after 2 times in rehab, I thought I was 'OK' to drink ... and I went on that long slow slide again into living hell ... when it got so bad inside I couldn't take it any more, I completely gave up and actually WORKED the 12 Steps with people I knew in the Program, a Sponsor, and lots of online web-links and Recovery Speaker Messages ... I am now over 2 Years completely Sober, and 'craving a drink' is not even in my day-to-day inner self life.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW anyone can B 2
Thank you..and proud of you..can't wait for 30 days
Old 07-12-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. First day that I got money, I'm treating myself to nails and pedicure. For 2 years, couldn't do it unless it was a gift. No matter how much money I got a week, working or unemployment I would be broke after 5 days. When I made more money, just increased to more bottles a day. Great feeling to treat yourself and pay bills. Does anyone know how to insert smileys?
Old 07-12-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

to insert smileys, I click 'go advanced' below the Message Entry area, then the smileys appear at the bottom. there is also a click for more smileys in the upper left of the smileys area. set your cursor in the message where u want the smiley, then click the smiley, and the smiley entry clicks into the message. if u accidently get it in the wrong place, u can cut the entire smiley entry and paste where u want it in the message.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Woohoo thank you..I'm on phone so had to hit click full site
Old 07-12-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know exactly what you mean about the money Determined, I didn't know what to do with my first sober pay cheque. Turns out there are other things you can spend your money on.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Aw I'm so happy you are feeling that way!! That message lifted my spirit reading it. Keep it up, you're doing amazing. Life can be lovely and forever may it last!
Old 07-12-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you for your replies. Yes living life sober feels amazing... and feeling human again, all the girly stuff (nails, hair pedis).. how did I let myself go without??
Old 07-12-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Turns out there are other things you can spend your money on.
Yeah, like paying bills on time and in full, something I never did when I was drinking. It's such a relief to be able to pay my bills.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lol yes...had to sell my car and get a title loan on dad's car to keep my coop. Since I own it, I thought for 2 years I could just not pay maintenance and drink it (only 550 a month). Cost 10k to save, 1k for electric for a year switched cable. All for 3 bottles of wine a day. Such a relief to have everythong caught up.. time I grew up
Old 07-12-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you for those 6 sober days, Determined. You sound happy & relieved. It's so good to be free.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ty heaven..technically 5 I found out today..but either way... beginning of the rest of my life.. thank you for your encouragement
Old 07-12-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

yes, i got a bit worried about how easy it seemed this time.
seems the mindset of "it has to be bad for me to believe it's working/good" was very entrenched.

you can get a simple smiley by typing the colon : and then a half bracket ) right behind that.
when it shows up in the post after you've submitted, a smiley magically appears
Old 07-12-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ty fini ... I just know my last 50 attempts were so miserable...like the saying goes, I was tired of being tired). This really was my only option or probably death. Thank you for the smiley info