Notices

back to day 1 again!!!

Old 07-11-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

back to day 1 again!!!

Continues circle, few days health anxiety and feeling that I have permenant damage due to drinking and I turn to drink.

Not sure this cycle will.ever change.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi tambdy,
It's not "the cycle" that has to change. The cycle, is not "a thing" outside of you, controlling you. It's YOU, you make the cycle, YOU have to change.
I'm saying this cos Ive only just realised it myself. I kept having day 1's over and over, thinking I would infinate chances to change. But this last one, the doctors have said, it's change or die, no more chances.
And something this time has clicked. I suddenly realise I have to take responsiblity for my own health, my own body, my own actions.
I'm only a week in, but this week has been so scary ..and still is, because there is concern about my heart and it's ongoing, and I have to undergo a COMPLETE lifestyle change, not just stop drinking.
It's your body, take control of it, and take care of it...before you end up knowing for CERTAIN, you have done damage. Even if you have, you will feel better trying to heal it, rather than destroy it more.
I feel sorry for my body now..it's struggled with all the poisons I have poured into for years and now its struggling, poor thing. I now think it needs a little TLC from me..and maybe yours does from you too?
Old 07-12-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Only the insanity of alcoholism would drive someone who has alcohol-related health anxieties to drink.

The best thing you can do for your health is quit drinking. You know that. Do you have sufficient help to see this through? Outpatient treatment? AA? Add what you need to achieve some measure of sobriety. While working on your recovery, you might seek counseling for your health anxiety.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know all too well the day 1's, over and over again. For years. The only thing that I can say is get some sober time under your belt. You may be white knuckling it for a while. I know I did. But once you can get some time, you gain momentum and want to keep going. I think I had around 5 years of day one's? There was never a perfect day, time or place to quit. Jan 1? The first day of the month? Yet another Monday? A vacation? All of those day one's came and lasted a few days and went. Make the choice while it is YOURS to quit. Don't want until a health scare, legal problems, a DUI FORCE you to address your issues. If you do that, you'll have ALOT more on your plate and a lot more stress, anxiety than you do now.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you make this your last day one.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck on day one. I think for the month of June , I had 30 Day ones. Don't be discouraged, we can all do this. For me, making it to day 6 without medical supervision (not recommended ) I did things different. In the past, I was so nervous of the wdrawals to come, I would stay in bed. This time, I went to the gym, and kept running on my treadmill, it helped w the physical. Just remember, this can be your last day one.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Thanks guys. I just need to keep plodding on, doggonecarl your spot on very stupid especially when my health anxiety is related to the heart and my drink is extremely high in sugar.

Lets just hope day 1 reaches 100 and so on and so.on
Old 07-12-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by tambdy View Post
doggonecarl your spot on very stupid especially when my health anxiety is related to the heart and my drink is extremely high in sugar.
I didn't mean to infer that your drinking was "stupid." Addiction isn't stupid...it's an affliction that must be tackled with every means at our disposal.

Not addressing our addiction...there the problem lies with us and failure to do anything, while again is not "stupid" it is certainly to our detriment.

stay strong and do what it takes to break out of this cycle.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Any day we can start fresh and change our lives, I know that probably sounds so overly simplistic but please try and believe that. If you believe the cycle will continue, you're already out of the game! You can do this!!! People are rooting for you here
Old 07-12-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I accepted in the deepest part of who I am that drinking is not a choice anymore ever. It's just not an option. I had to accept that it will never enter my body again no matter how bad or good my day is going. Accept this as your truth and sobriety is totally possible. There are a billion other things you can do instead of drinking. Your world and our world will be a better place.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tambdy - don't give up on yourself. I felt the same way a few times, but I finally got it right. You can do this.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Everyone has to start with a Day 1. I had many of them until I was sick of them and was determined not to go back. You can do it.