Notices

Day 66 and I got my SCRAM alcohol bracelet removed

Old 07-11-2016, 10:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 66 and I got my SCRAM alcohol bracelet removed

It's been just my daughter and I the last 8 days and will continue until my wife gets back from Peru as part of her nursing clinicals. It has actually been good for all of us. This is a chance for me to get closer with my 6 yr old daughter as she has seen how my alcoholism has affected everyone and everything including herself. I currently have 66 days sober. I don't count days myself, but the app on my phone does. Its called Clean Time Counter for anyone that is interested. Anyhow, I received the phone call from SCRAM which deals with house arrest and alcohol monitoring. Felt good to get that thing off of me finally. I'm still going through my amends and did a huge one today with my mom. I was back and fourth for about a week about doing one with her. I've always felt as if she owes me one, but its not about that. Its about me cleaning my side of the street. I do feel better after doing it, but it was extremely difficult. I have my 12 yr old son when he gets back from Seattle to make amends with as he sure has seen and heard some stuff. Yikes! I feel terrible for him.

I have 1 case left to do deal with come August 1st. This one is a big one as it can affect my job as well as my long term freedom. I'm so not proud of the things I've done to get myself in these prediciments. I have to face my consequences though. My wife being gone has been good for our relationship in a way. We both miss each other. We both want to work things out. She knows I'm trying to do everything right. She comes back Saturday and my daughter and I can't wait.

So just a quick update......
Old 07-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sounds great, Getright! Thanks for posting!