Notices

vegas

Old 07-11-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

vegas

So vegas kind of sucks. First time here since being sone. Everything revolves around alcohol and drugs. Most people here are idiots and drunks trying to be some on they are not. Its a very phony place. All this place is built on drunk people who lose their paychecks. Was at a table for a bit and this one guy was dropping hundreds like no tomorrow. His wife or girlfriend was sobbing saying "there goes our rent... there goes our daycare money..." and he was wasted telling her to shut up and get him a drink.

Im having a decent time though going to good restaurants etc . Um here for a work conference so i am occupied a lot of the time. Ull probably play some poker tonight and try and take some money from some drunk players.

By man... this place... i use to love it here. Probably because i was wasted thw whole time. Theres alcohol everywhere. I dont know why but it is still tempting.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I live in Vegas and I have to say I agree with what you say,I'd have to say though that the majority of people who live here don't gamble, drink and act like idiots but there's a lot that do,defo not the city to live in if you have addictions,try to enjoy the good shopping and restaurants the heck with the other junk
Old 07-11-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bdj

Being sober is a huge advantage in Vegas. There's a reason why they give free drinks. I think if you look at those drunks as easy $ you will definitely enjoy your trip.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Jyran-

Yeah, it's not the place it used to be for us, is it? I feel for you, FWIW.

I was there for an entire week about a year before I quit drinking and am amazed I survived.

Just don't drink, you'll be home soon and back to normal. Maybe you could catch a cool show one night?
Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I actually don't really like vegas either! I'm glad I'm not the only one- when I say that vegas isn't a place that I like; people look at me like I'm crazy.
Though I admit I love New Orleans and Bangkok- and I was dead sober in both places.
Though in the past I have been very drunk in bangkok.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay strong, jryan.

Alcohol has nothing of value to offer you/us.

As Dee would say, flex those hard-earned sober muscles.

Oh, and be kind to your fellow man - even inebriated gamblers.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Try to have some fun, I am at a work conference in DC this week. I have been the super tourist, and it has been fantastic! I have learned a ton at my conference, and had a blast with a few colleagues, only one of five of us even drank the entire time.

If you get bored people watching in Vegas is always an interesting option!
Old 07-11-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Theres a lot to do here for sure. We don't even go to the strip although I do work down there at times. Other than that most locals don't partake in the extra stuff. When we first moved here we went out every weekend, but it gets old pretty fast.

I ran into this younger guy a few weeks back when I walked inside a 7-11. He was asking for some money to get back to Portland as he lossed 700.00 at black jack. I felt bad for him, but my 1.00 wasn't gonna solve his problem.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There is more to Vegas than just the strip. If you get a chance, go to Red rock Canyon. It's beautiful. Just make sure to do it early since it gets hot very quickly out there.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well waking up this morning was good lol. No hangover no headache etc.

I just layer low last night went to dinner and watched the homerun debry (baseball al star activities)... but i was pretty bored.

Unfortunately my confetence starts at 8 in the morning every day and ends at 5 soi think sight seeing dduring the day is out.

Thanks for all the support. It feels good im not the only one who does Vegas sober... this is my first sober trip to vegas. And frankly i jist want to go home. I am going on vacation as soon as i get back home after my conference so that probably has a lot to do with me wanting to leave.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Maybe hit an AA meeting while you're there?