Notices

day 4 helllp

Old 07-11-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4 helllp

I really want a drink, but I know I can't get back on day one. I struggled this time to get to day 4. Plus I have a huge job interview Wednesday an I know if I drink tonight I will drink tomorrow and possibly be hung over on Wednesday. Please help any advice is greatly needed. Thanks
Old 07-11-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats you are doing so good. If you have a drink today even if you say just one it wont be and you will lose everything you just did. Hang in there.. it's only gets better! I PROMISE. You have made it this far please don't give in now. I would love to be where you are right now. Don't give in.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pope on a Rope

Hang in there!
Old 07-11-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Spend some time getting ready for your job interview. Go for a walk to clear your head, and then come home and think about what you may be asked, write out answers and practice going through them.

After that find a book/article to read relating to your possible new job, you may be able to weave it into your interview.

Check out Flipboard, it is a great app with lots of articles.

Plan out every moment of the next few days, then you will have a week. Then plan out your second week.

Post here, post in the July class, read through the link Dee just posted about recovery plans, lots of great stuff in there.

Play the tape through, you don't want to wake up feeling like crap tomorrow.

You can do this!!!!
❤️ Delilah
Old 07-11-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 4 is great and a job interview coming up is a great opportunity to move forward. Spend some time choosing an outfit for the interview and preparing mentally.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you make it through! I was struggling with wanting a drink today, too. I get that way most when I am tired, thirsty, hungry, worried. I came home and ate a peanut butter sandwich and drank a big glass of juice and then came here. I feel so much better! AA also helps me a lot, and prayer, too.
I'm not sure if focusing on your job tonight will help. Maybe so, that would be great if it did. For me, I need time off from worrisome things when I am wanting a drink. I'm supposed to go to a meeting tonight, but now I can't go. I am going to try calling some numbers I got.
Let us know how you are! Big hugs to you, I truly hope you wake up sober and feeling good tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 4 was my absolute worst...it got better from there. Hang in and you'll never have to do this again!
Old 07-11-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

leave clawmarks in the wall if you have to, but DO NOT DRINK. not an option. you CAN get thru this....and if you do your "sober" muscle will have gotten a good workout and be stronger.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I always called it "the day foursies" it was always so ridiculously hard I gave it a nickname, I read its cuz it takes 3 days for the alcohol to leave your body and day 4 you're running on just exposed nerves,hope you're getting through ok,sometimes we just hafta hold on for dear life and power through!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

tonib, do whatever it takes to distract yourself....I hope you poured all the alcohol down the drain. Eat ice cream, lots of it. Good luck on your job interview!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Toni, it's great that you posted here. Hang in there. I like what Delilah said and KarenO. I lived on peanut butter in the beginning. It was one of the few things my wrecked stomach could handle.

I found doing crossword puzzles helpful. Or washing dishes, folding laundry. Any repetitive hand/eye action. And ice cream. You can do this!