SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   scars (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394361-scars.html)

Determined1977 07-11-2016 09:54 AM

scars

Has anyone else had a whole bunch of scars from drinking? My legs look like I was in a war zone. I have never been a cutter or had a fight. I'm thinking it's either a consequence from alcohol, or I just don't remember falling down and bumping into things. I guess I'm really hoping it's that and no skin disease.

Opivotal 07-11-2016 12:09 PM

When I was drinking, I had more black and blue marks than I could count.

I never knew where the heck they came from. I once had a Doctor ask if I was in an abusive relationship. I can't say what's going on with you, but why not check with your Doctor to ease your mind. :)

Determined1977 07-11-2016 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Opivotal (Post 6039807)
When I was drinking, I had more black and blue marks than I could count.

I never knew where the heck they came from. I once had a Doctor ask if I was in an abusive relationship. I can't say what's going on with you, but why not check with your Doctor to ease your mind. :)

Thank you...I am going to make a whole bunch of doctor appointments once I have 2 weeks... on day 5 and so far haven't had any stress to deal with... just in case anything bad, I want to make sure I don't run back to wine

RDBplus3 07-11-2016 12:25 PM

Oh yeah ... fell out of a tree once, was taken to the Hospital and got stitches in my chin, chipped 2 teeth ... came to in bad pain at my place, had no idea what happened, until some 'friends' came by and laughed about it, giving me all the details which I have NO recollection of ... just 1 of many ... absolute insanity.

Thank God for the 12 Steps of AA ... that means I literally Thank God every day for the 12 Steps of AA ... which I work every day ... just like I used to drink and drug every day.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE

Jim1958 07-11-2016 02:59 PM

I woke up once with black and blue marks on both arms. Seems I was climbing over a pool fence in the middle of the night, fell, and crashed through a pool chair. It is hard to remember many injuries when drinking. You only have the bruises later.

Kaneda8888 07-11-2016 03:02 PM

We call them UDIs...unexplained drinking injuries :) Yes, do see a doc about it

Determined1977 07-11-2016 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 (Post 6040007)
We call them UDIs...unexplained drinking injuries :) Yes, do see a doc about it

Thank you

Winslow 07-11-2016 03:24 PM

I used to bruise soooo easily when drinking! Once had an 8 inch circular bruise on my butt/hip area from my mom trying to close my(then) fat butt into the backseat,the car door barely hitting me caused that,then some bruises I think were from laying in bed for too long,sort of a pooling of blood I guess,very scary

FormerWineGirl 07-11-2016 05:59 PM

My shins constantly looked like an 8-year old's. A really active and clumsy 8 year old.

Determined1977 07-11-2016 07:22 PM

Glad I am not alone, but sorry we all put ourselves through this.

Jsbodhi 07-11-2016 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 (Post 6039836)
Oh yeah ... fell out of a tree once, was taken to the Hospital and got stitches in my chin, chipped 2 teeth ... came to in bad pain at my place, had no idea what happened, until some 'friends' came by and laughed about it, giving me all the details which I have NO recollection of ... just 1 of many ... absolute insanity.

Thank God for the 12 Steps of AA ... that means I literally Thank God every day for the 12 Steps of AA ... which I work every day ... just like I used to drink and drug every day.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE

You fell out of a tree!? I wonder how you got into it in the first place!
We'll probably never know!

Yes I always had unexplained bruises, cuts etc

butcher70 07-11-2016 11:00 PM

Got allot of scars on knuckles and shins picked up when I was drinking. Glad I don't remember how I got them.