SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Paws paws kindling halt paws kindling...ugghhhh...... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394317-paws-paws-kindling-halt-paws-kindling-ugghhhh.html)

Nofearnobeer 07-10-2016 04:19 PM

Paws paws kindling halt paws kindling...ugghhhh......

6.5 months....will this dagum paws halt kindling craving ever end????

Andante 07-10-2016 05:05 PM

Yup.

Hang in there!

REsoberALITY 07-10-2016 06:17 PM

Yes.... It will start to let up. I would like to say "very soon" but I know we are all different. For me, it starting getting better after 6/7 months. Hoping you start to feel that pretty soon too! Just stick with it, your mind is doing amazing things in there to heal still.

Nofearnobeer 07-10-2016 06:32 PM

Thank ya'll...My outpatient Dr. is giving me some meds to lessen the symptoms some..No Benzos though,thank God.. I am sticking close to soberrecovery right now , and going to 2 or 3 meetings a week as well as outpatient at a local recovery place..I am just not a very patient patient so to speak..

dwtbd 07-10-2016 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Andante (Post 6038626)
Yup.

Hang in there!

Definitely Yup, can't get there unless you keep going, you got this

least 07-10-2016 07:17 PM

It gets better, I promise. :)

Nofearnobeer 07-10-2016 07:20 PM

Thank you...I am just takin a beating lately...Thanks for the encouragement..

stillpooh19 07-10-2016 07:24 PM

Nofear...I am just over 6 months and still dealing with PAWS. Last week was rough, but it's starting to get better. Today was a good day. We can do this one day at a time.

Soberpotamus 07-10-2016 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer (Post 6038775)
Thank ya'll...My outpatient Dr. is giving me some meds to lessen the symptoms some..No Benzos though,thank God.. I am sticking close to soberrecovery right now , and going to 2 or 3 meetings a week as well as outpatient at a local recovery place..I am just not a very patient patient so to speak..

Those are all great things to do. :) Hang in there. It does get better.

KiKi0615 07-10-2016 07:45 PM

Hang in there! 6.5 months is awesome! :-)

JK130 07-10-2016 08:22 PM

You are doing great! If you start to feel discouraged, play it through what you felt like when you were drinking. That was certainly worse than these pesky cravings. And you don't want to start over!

Maybe take an inventory for yourself to be able to admire and feel proud of how far you've come?
- Are you getting good sleep yet?
- Are any negative feelings made worse by alcohol decreasing yet?
- Can you drive any where any time of day?
- Any changes in anxiety level?
- Are any medical issues clearing up?

Add your experiences in here and check in with yourself, and I hope you are doing better without alcohol! Did you ever imagine over 6 months ago that you'd still be chipping away at alcoholism evern tho sometimes it's really hard? You are doing it!

Berrybean 07-10-2016 10:06 PM

Mine were relieved once I started got a few steps into my work with my sponsor. How are you getting on with that. (Meetings are great , but they ARENT the program. ) reread ' How it works'. It doesn't say sit in meetings. It says throughly followed the program. Why not ask at yiur next meeting, what do people DO apart from meetings as their AA recovery work. I'm betting that you'll be just as surprised as I was at their responses. Their responses saved my sanity though. Because once I knew what they did outside meetings, I did what they did outside meetings. I learnt the principles, and try to practice them in ALL my affairs. And that's when things started to look better.