Notices

Donīt know what to do

Old 07-10-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My kids are 11 and 13, one of them diabetic. I know, that makes it even worse.
Trying to take one day at a time, today off for work followed by cleaning the house and starting to pack things for the vacation. As for having a plan for the vacation, maybe I am just overthinking everything. Surely my mother will not pour alcohol down my troat or question my choice if I just tell her I feel better not drinking. And it would for most other moms be quite natural to stay sober on the first vacation in a place where it gets really warm, diabetes is very much affected by heat and requires my full attention.

Thanks for writing about your experiences and all you advice, it is morning here, and reading all your reply makes me feel like I really need too give this a go. So the evening will also be spent trying to figure out what situations will be most challenging ahead and how to handle them.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Enjoy your vacation! If I were in your spot, I would stay busy packing. I know the first several days were just simply going through the motions and staying as busy as I could. My family and I went on vacation over Christmas and I started walking 4 miles on the beach every morning. Maybe try something like that??
Old 07-11-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I think if you focus on taking care of your children and monitoring the diabetes, along with enjoying your vacation time with your family, you will be fine. You can do this!