SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Bipolar and Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394182-bipolar-alcoholism.html)

sweetichick 07-07-2016 09:23 PM

Bipolar and Alcoholism

I'm on day 3 and basically on a bipolar low. My AV or illness is telling me that I'm worthless, hopeless and have no chance of remaining sober. I'm very depressed today but under the care of a psychiatrist with medication. I drink to self-medicate when the pain gets too bad. Only a few friends even care if I get sober or not plus my parents. I feel like it is 'all too much'. My physical health is poor and I have no energy due to a very bad liver and bad stomach pains. I don't know where else to go for help.

Dee74 07-07-2016 09:47 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way sweetichick.
I think your meds will work vastly better if you stay sober :)

There's a lot of support here 24/7. Stay with us :)

D

LadyBlue0527 07-08-2016 03:39 AM

Only a few friends even care if I get sober or not plus my parents.
Hi sweetichick, there's a far more important person that needs to care if you get sober and that's you.

You have to do this for you, others just get the perks of you being sober. I don't know the scope of your situation but I think things would get better for you physically and mentally once you've had some time not drinking.

You deserve a better life. It's waiting for you but you have to own it.

Bunny211 07-08-2016 05:33 AM

Tell your head to shut up! It is a liar. You deserve recovery and a happy, serene life. I believe in you!

D122y 07-08-2016 05:59 AM

Just stay clean.

You have tons of caring friends here.

It is virtual, but this is a new age. Virtual friends are a good thing.

Read and post.

Get your sleep, eat clean, stay clean.

Anna 07-08-2016 05:59 AM

I hope that, if you stay on your medication, you will improve. Are you seeing a dr about your physical health issues too?

You do deserve a good life. We all do. I hope you can begin to care for yourself and love yourself.

August252015 07-08-2016 07:02 AM

Another voice echoing to stay on your meds without drinking. As someone on meds for BPD - and a mother who is bipolar - this is crucial to your health, perhaps even your life.

As they say - just don't drink for today. One day, one meal - one nap, one shower - one...that's it for right now. You can do it - and please keep getting the physical and mental help you need.

sweetichick 07-08-2016 05:11 PM

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I'm out of the low mood today and feeling a little better. I'll just take things one step at a time and just ride through the feelings without judgement of myself. I think its because a lot of my problems were clouded by alcohol and now I have to face them whether I like it or not.

AnvilheadII 07-08-2016 07:06 PM

one of my FAVE sayings:

There ARE no problems.........only solutions we don't like.

Our addiction tells us to find the easier, softer way.....our RECOVERY tells us to face the mountain and start climbing, one step at a time.

uncorked 07-08-2016 09:00 PM

Anvilhead, great words. I like that. Will have to share with my kids!

Berrybean 07-08-2016 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII (Post 6036081)
one of my FAVE sayings:

There ARE no problems.........only solutions we don't like.

Our addiction tells us to find the easier, softer way.....our RECOVERY tells us to face the mountain and start climbing, one step at a time.

I love that!!