Old 07-06-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

D
Old 07-06-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by njdellis View Post
My last post was in May when I was 90 days sober and I was so proud of myself (maybe I was too proud, I don’t know). Everything in my life was actually going great for once and I felt I had lost the desire to want to drink. But, 3 days later my “live in” boyfriend went out of town for the night and my son was away at a friend’s. So of course what’s the first thing that I wanted to do?!? Yep, you guessed it!! I came home from work with a 12 pack. I thought to myself I have the whole night alone, what will it hurt, no one will know. I’ll just drink a few and there will be no harm and maybe I can prove to myself that I can drink a few just to relax. Well that didn’t happen I ended up drinking til I passed out. I evidently called my boyfriend and I don’t remember. The next day I felt miserable and my boyfriend came home and we had a huge fight. I stopped taking my depression meds, I stopped seeing my counselor and I stopped looking on this forum. I have been so ashamed and I hate myself for throwing away those 90 days of sobriety. Now for the last 2 months I’ve been stuck in the same rut as before. My boyfriend and my son have a lot of anger towards me and I don’t blame them. But, I just continue getting worse because I’ve been drinking liquor and me and liquor DO NOT mix. I feel like I’m on a roller coaster and I can’t get off. I am going to kill myself if I don’t stop. And I’m already killing the people I love in the process. I absolutely hate living like this. I’m afraid I will never be free from this. I really, truly, honestly want to be sober. Drinking does not make me happy anymore so I don’t know why I crave it. I crave the happy, carefree, calm feeling it gave me years ago, instead it makes me feel like crap. I have been ashamed to post on here but I had to let it out.
I completely understand your situation. My husband went away two weekends ago and I somehow stayed sober, while obsessing over alcohol the entire time I was home alone.
So, you screwed up...it is done, and now you can move on. We are human. Be proud that you are even making an effort to be healthy! There are millions of alcoholics in the world who are in complete denial, or who do nothing to try and get better.. you are not one of them. You can do this. We all can!
Old 07-07-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So I screwed up once again last night. My son called me out on drinking & I lied. My boyfriend is probably going to move out now he's had all he can take. My life is falling apart all because of alcohol. It seems so stupid. I have to get off this merry go round!!
Old 07-07-2016, 01:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this. Has he said hes leaving? What are you planning to do today?
Old 07-07-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

As bad as things seem right now, they WILL get worse if you don't find your path to sobriety. The addiction is progressive. It won't stop itself until you're dead. YOU have to intervene and make the choice to tell it "NO"!

You Can Do This.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

So I screwed up once again last night.
What happened? Or rather, what happened to the plan and the decision to not drink?
Old 07-07-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I honestly don't know what was said. I went straight from work to my mom's house. They are out of town so I told them I would mow their yard. I don't know what made me do it but I drove back to the liquor store. I bought a small bottle of vodka. So I drank and mowed the yard. My son was also there helping out. He immediately asked me if I was drinking, I tried lying. He said he can tell when I am. He said I know that you have alcohol in that water bottle. But I just lied. After I left there I barely remember walking in the door. (By the way, I didn't drink and drive, my mom's house is 2 houses down from mine) I woke up at 2:00 am in bed, still in my clothes & jewelry, so I guess I just went back there and passed out. My boyfriend was on the couch. I wear a Fitbit so I know that I went to sleep at 8:30. I told him to come to bed but he said he** no! This morning he avoided me, I told him bye I love you. And he said yeah I can tell you show me every night how much you love me, that’s true love right there. So I just walked away and went to work.
This is the misery that I hate. I’m sure I made an ass of myself last night but I can’t remember a thing. And my son and boyfriend will always remember how I act. I don’t even know what I accomplished last night from drinking other than hurting them. I have a few drinks of liquor left and I can’t seem to pour it out this morning. What the heck is wrong with me?!?! I know that things can get so much worse than this!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

What the heck is wrong with me?!?!
You are addicted to alcohol.

Not trying to be unkind, but you know this. You know you are addicted to alcohol, so start asking better questions.

How am I going to fix this? might be a good place to start.

This is your life. Quit being a passive bystander to it and get to work.

You can do this.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
You are addicted to alcohol.

Not trying to be unkind, but you know this. You know you are addicted to alcohol, so start asking better questions.

How am I going to fix this? might be a good place to start.

This is your life. Quit being a passive bystander to it and get to work.

You can do this.
Thank you! You are right.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Sobriety doesn't come to the folks who want it the most, is comes to those who support the decision to get sober with action.

You can do this.
That is one of the best things I've heard in a long time. And it's true. I WANTED to be sober for a long time. It wasn't until I TOOK ACTION that I was able to do it. You can, too.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi njdellis, your posts are full of concern of what you're doing to other people. Rightfully so because you have people who love you who are being deeply affected by your drinking.

You have to want this for you first though. You had 90 days so you know that although it's hard in the beginning there are better days ahead.

You CAN do this!

What are you going to do today that's going to combat the AV? You've been here before, this is not new to you.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
What are you going to do today that's going to combat the AV? You've been here before, this is not new to you.
I know it is not new to me at all. My boyfriend just text me to say that he's going to go stay at his dads for awhile. That's the worse thing for me because when he's not there I want to drink the most. And I think my son hates me now. I have to figure out something.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

What were you thinking about on your way to the liquor store, do you remember?
Old 07-07-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

when he's not there I want to drink the most.
I want to throw a stapler at my boss's head.
I want to see the hot intern babe nekkid.
I want to run idiot drivers into the ditch.

Whatever will I do if I can't do the things that I want to do? I guess I'll just have to get by doing that other thing I want to do - be a good person.

Drinking isn't any different than any of those other things I want to do. That voice in my head tells me that it is, but it isn't.

What would a good person do when they'd just angered, upset, and terrified two people they love? Apologize, maybe? They might not be ready for it today. You might have to do it more than once. Make it real and make it happen.

Then get action. Do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create, act, take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

My boyfriend just text me to say that he's going to go stay at his dads for awhile. That's the worse thing for me because when he's not there I want to drink the most.
Don't put this on your boyfriend's absence. You are drinking with him there. This relapse has got you back into the cycle of drinking and fuels the excuses to continue drinking.

If you can't manage to quit on your own, there is help. I tend not to suggest specific recovery methods. But when someone is floundering, like you are, doing it alone isn't cutting it. The fellowship of AA puts you in direct contact with people who have been right where you are...and have found a way out.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixus View Post
My partner was feeling the same! And that was killing me because not only does he have to deal with me when I'm a mess, but it means he also feels he has no outlet to go and see his friends in the city who are his biggest support and source of sober fun.

I know what you mean about already planning it, it starts as just a fleeting thought that seems easy to brush off and ignore at first, but before I know it, it's taken hold, sometimes I don't even think I'm truly planning it until I'm driving to the bottle shop.

That's why we've got a plan of attack in place now, before it's too late. I hope you feel better soon. Ill be sending you lots of care through here today x
Thank you Pixus! I've got to get a better attitude today. I just feel blah and I guess I'm having a pity party I don't know. My mind is not very clear anyway from drinking last night. It's going to be a rough evening at home while my boyfriend packs his stuff. I don't even want to go home.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
What were you thinking about on your way to the liquor store, do you remember?
I was thinking that I needed just a drink or two. Just one, just to take the edge off. My neck was hurting and I had to mow and a lot to do. No one will know. You don't have to get drunk. Hurry get in there and get it fast. And its almost a rush when I buy it for some reason. I'm so afraid someone will see me and tell my boyfriend. And when I walk out I'm so relieved. I guess that sounds ridiculous...
Old 07-07-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I remember feeling the same way I was so miserable then I found a sponsor and started working the steps and it got easier I had to work the steps 3 times to really truly find some inner peace. But let me tell you the first time I worked the steps so much changed. I was in and out of the program for 4 years now I have some time . I was suividal I did things for attention I hated my family and friends but once I turned it over to God and accepted help admitted powerlessness and life was unmanageable and started my steps things changed. I can't imagine going back to drinking again. So I suggest you find a sponsor go to a meeting let the women love on you. I told my sponsor some horrible things and she knows my worst qualities and she still loves me. I wish you the best
Old 07-07-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I want to throw a stapler at my boss's head.
I want to see the hot intern babe nekkid.
I want to run idiot drivers into the ditch.

Whatever will I do if I can't do the things that I want to do? I guess I'll just have to get by doing that other thing I want to do - be a good person.

Drinking isn't any different than any of those other things I want to do. That voice in my head tells me that it is, but it isn't.

What would a good person do when they'd just angered, upset, and terrified two people they love? Apologize, maybe? They might not be ready for it today. You might have to do it more than once. Make it real and make it happen.

Then get action. Do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create, act, take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action.
You are right. I text my son earlier and told him I was sorry but he didn't respond, because he doesn't believe it. I didn't say anything to my boyfriend. I know it takes time because I've been here too many times. I've been where they are and it sucks. I grew up with an alcoholic father and I was married to an alcoholic/drug addict for 10 years. You would think I would do better because I know how it feels.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Don't put this on your boyfriend's absence. You are drinking with him there. This relapse has got you back into the cycle of drinking and fuels the excuses to continue drinking.

If you can't manage to quit on your own, there is help. I tend not to suggest specific recovery methods. But when someone is floundering, like you are, doing it alone isn't cutting it. The fellowship of AA puts you in direct contact with people who have been right where you are...and have found a way out.
I've been to AA a few times it wasn't really helpful to me before. But I will search and see if I can find a meeting today somewhere. Maybe that can start me in the right direction anyway.