Notices

Messed up at our new apartment already..

Old 07-03-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Messed up at our new apartment already..

I havent been on here for about a year.. I posted about my alcoholic problems awhile back, I have a problem with drinking & urinating in my dream state while intoxicated.

Me and my girl of 4 years just got a new apartment, beautiful deck, its very nice. I came across a settlement check and bought us all the latest & greatest to furnish it, etc.

Few nights back, the demons came calling and I ended up urinating all over the living room carpet in the corner of the room. I got up to tell her, she was in the bedroom, I don't sleep in the bed after having too much to drink, I was on the couch.

I bought a whole bottle of Natures Miracle, used the whole thing on the area.. Idk if it gonna work, since the stain had set for almost 3 days. Now I don't even want to use the room anymore, as in my mind it's soiled. I'm a VERY neat person and suffer from OCD. my mind is racing, my stomach is sick that I thought this was all behind me, we had moved on from that in our old apartment. What do I do? I want the carpet replaced, even if it's my own dime..
Old 07-03-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back Zero! Do what you need to do to feel good about your living space but what about the alcohol? Do you have a plan for that?
Old 07-03-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Never mind the carpet, what are you going to do about your drinking??
Old 07-03-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So you urinated all over your living room while drunk.

Not the first time...it's happened multiple times.

You woke up your sleeping girlfriend (who was in another room due to your drinking) to tell her you had just urinated all over your living room carpet.

You seem very concerned about the carpet...you're very concerned because you seemed to think you had left "the problem" behind in your old apartment...you're desperate to get the carpet replaced...

It's not about the carpet. It's not about where you live. It's not about the "dream state" which is just another way to not say "drunk out of my mind."

The carpet is a symptom...what are you going to do about the disease?
Old 07-03-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's good that you came here. Like others said. Form a plan to quit drinking. People can only handle so much of that. My GF is one reason I choose to quit 15 days ago. They can only handle so much. Best of luck and take this serious. Imagine how your life and drinking will be if you lose her.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

some try to sweep the problem under the rug, and that's hard to do when the evidence is right soaked into it.
by all means change the rug (and whose dime should it be, if not yours??), but the rug is not the problem.
the pissed-on rug is just one outward result.

what will you do about yourself?
Old 07-03-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ZeroNowhere

I understand why you're fixated on the carpet - it's a definite problem which should be relatively easy to fix...like these suggestions...

How to Clean Children's Urine in the Carpet | LIVESTRONG.COM

http://spotremoval.coit.com/how-to-r...ne-from-carpet

There are any number of commercial products and vaccum cleaners/shampooers for hire too.

The deeper issue though is your drinking...much harder to fix.

I don't know much about carpets but all of us here can definitely help you with ideas ad support for stopping drinking

D
Old 07-04-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Is having the carpet professionally cleaned a good compromise, or is this a situation in your head that will not allow a compromise?