Notices

What the heck is wrong with me this weekend????

Old 07-03-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by uncorked View Post
Hi LadyBlue, ugh, so sorry you're going through this!!! (Thanks for the laugh, tho!)

The whole legalities surrounding a DUI are head scratching. They take away your license, yet require you to attend AA meetings. Huh??? (Legally forcing AA meetings on people is another soapbox issue for me, but I digress...)

I also don't get why some are offered the ignition switch device and others are not. It makes no sense.
Although she hasn't specified in this thread or the other one, I'm pretty sure she wasn't charged with a DUI and simply had her license suspended for 6 months due to refusing a breathalyzer.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow is better for you LB...

the way I look at it is - I got this sack of...whatever...but I've also got a lot to be thankful for. I know you're on that same road too

D
Old 07-03-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi all, sugarbear, in the throes of step 4, just began the writing.

Correct, I have not yet been charged. In this state your license is controlled by the DMV. Court is separate. We are one if the toughest states in the country. Refusal results in automatic 6 months suspension and they wouldn't care if you were the lone caretaker for a sick individual and were their only ride to the doctors.

In their eyes you should have thought of that when you refused the test.

.....and realistically, they are correct. I have no recourse.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

States make it enticing to submit to a breathalyzer by making refusal a longer license suspension than a DUI suspension. If you were actually intoxicated and refused the test, then that was the smartest thing you did that night, so I wouldn't be so hard on yourself.

90 day suspension with a DUI on your record is far worse than 6 months with no DUI to have to deal with, in my opinion. Where I live a DUI will get you mandatory jail time of up to 6 months on a first offense, and with bail, court fines, lawyer, impound, insurance, etc., and you're looking at a minimum of $10K.

Also, you say you have not yet been charged. If you weren't arrested that night and did not admit to drinking, then I'm not seeing how they can charge you for DUI over a month later. If they do, and you never self-incriminated yourself, then any decent attorney should be able to get it dismissed easily. Good luck, and hang in there.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Thanks dcg. Here's hoping!!!!
Old 07-03-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi = I lost my license too and have been advised by both my daughter and probation officer that I should probably not rush to get it back, even though I could have the interlock device. The problem is the cost of the device and the huge insurance cost. It has been so hard too to ask anyone for help, but I have to admit when I have asked, folks have been more then helpful. My daughter feels I need more time to settle into sobriety and I think she is right. Luckily, my work is close by (a rarity in rural Maine)and my long suffering husband does drop me off. Yet there are times when I so just want to go and be part of some events.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Sending you a hug...

Note to self: check butthole for bluebirds.
Tee hee hee!
Old 07-04-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

I like what D wrote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi LadyBlue, I have not read the entire thread, but it sounds like you are doing quite well, all things considered. I understand your frustration, but don't let it undermine your future goals and your current activities. I really enjoy reading your stuff.