Notices

Unfair!

Old 07-01-2016, 11:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I feel for you, Dee! I'm the same way- I can't even imagine shoplifting, and it would shock and upset me for anyone to accuse me of it. On the other hand the person who accused you may well have been innocently mistaken. I try not to attribute to malice what can more easily be explained by ignorance...or stupidity!
Old 07-02-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry that happened ive had that happen to me and I was kept in a security room the weird thing was I worked for the company after around 15 mins they said our mistake sorry you can go now ...

I know exactly how you felt sorry that happened good job talking about it and getting it off your chest D
Old 07-02-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That really sux Dee,some people can be so cruel.Thats the exact kind of thing that would wind me up and I'd probably use it as an excuse to get plastered..so as much as what happened is crap,i really appreciate you sharing this. Hope you are feeling better! xx
Old 07-02-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks guys.

I don't know who made the allegation or why. Some people react badly to the scooter - maybe that was it.

Getting over it now

D
welp, if it happens again, you could mysteriously have an electrical malfunction in yer scooter that causes it to keep ramming into the jackwagon.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I reckon it was a distraction ploy Dee and your scooter would have made it even more distracting allowing the real thief to walk free.

It was good to hear you sharing Dee, thanks.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well if it was a reaction to the scooter, then - scooter user = thief ???
Wow crazy logic.
Hope you're feeling less sore about it today and thanks for sharing we can get through difficulties without turning to drink. Need to keep on remembering that.
xx
Old 07-02-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My friends mother ..who is as honest as the day is long was once pointed out in a supermarket as having "stolen" some potatoes. She was ..in full view of everyone frogmarched by the security guards to the office.
She couldn't find the reciept for the potatoes she had bought in another shop. It was only when someone had the sense to see, they were a different variety of potatoe than that shop sold that she was let go!
She was mortified by the treatment the guards gave her!
We all laughed about it when she told us..but public humliation is no laughing matter!
Old 07-02-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

The scooter scares some people and makes others envious...but I really don't know what the motivation was for this allegation.

I made a complaint and I'll probably use the other supermarkets in the area for a while.

Life is still good

D
Old 07-02-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sorry this happened Dee.

I think some people have a mental illness and it is call be judgemental and prejudiced - I don't understand why other people try to create drama and hurt other people feelings, credibility, or try to embarrass them or make them feel like sh**.

I just don't get it Dee. I am very sorry you had to go through this.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

It sucks to be accused of something that you would never do. Your integrity feels threatened. I'm sorry you had to go through this.

The way I'd let go is to realize that the people who know me, and matter, know that I'd never do something like this. The person (s) who were the accusers don't know me, and therefore, don't matter.

I would have done the same in making the complaint and taking my business elsewhere.

If it helps any Dee, I know I can't be alone in that when I read your post I wished I was in your area to go give someone a good piece of my mind!
Old 07-02-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Just get me a name...or for that matter a physical description...I can google their butts and be on a plane in two hours.

NOBODY messes with the Dee. NOBODY!!!!!
Old 07-02-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Trudgin

It's that justifiable anger leading to hurt feelings that gets me as well - It seems to be a test of the universe. Thanks for sharing this........very helpful to many, certainly.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this, Dee.

We can roll with many things, but an unfounded accusation is a tough one for anyone to take. Yep, I'd spend my money at a different store, too.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Would've pissed me off, too. Especially if I'm always buying from them.

~Bunnez
Old 07-02-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I was the recipient of an unkind remark recently, that really stung. I held on to it for days, wondering why this person would say such a thing, as I try to be a good person. In the old days, this would have me cracking open a bottle of wine

I actually borrowed an AA phrase that what other people think of me, isn't my business, then tried to get back on track mentally......a week later, feeling better
Old 07-02-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Life is unfair and some people are idiots unfortunately that is the way it is. I answer to my God and to myself. As long I can look in the mirror and be OK with what I see, today will be a good day.

You are one of the finest people on the planet and have saved countless lives. Hold your head high because you deserve it.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Injustice is difficult but knowing you're innocent of any wrong doings should give you peace of mind.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

What a drag Dee. I get upset when I feel I'm being blamed for something i didn't do. It Festers. But, you know you didn't do anything and were ultimately vindicated. Because you are a good person.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am so sorry this happened to you... I would feel so humiliated.
I have set the alarms of a few times myself...unfortunately, my son would think it was hilarious to pull the alarm sticker attached to the items in the shops and secretly attach them to my back.
I would be called back in and we go through my things to try and find out what was triggering the door alarms.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Dee)) xo