Notices

Never made it to the Nationals while I was drinking.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
EndGame

Outside, on the deck of the Convention Center

IMG_0014.jpg
Old 07-18-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hi EG, there has never been any doubt about your brainpower. I think its really cool that the physical has followed as well. What a great balance. Admittedly I do not know much about martial arts, but I believe much of it is quite mental as well as physical correct?
Old 07-19-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

EndGame, thank you for your prompt and thorough response to my question.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome pics EG
Old 07-19-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Awesome pics EG
Glad you like 'em, SW.

The competitions went on all day from Thursday through Sunday, so I had to find time to go off on my own to explore the city.

I was much more tense and excited while watching my teammates than when I was competing. Ive learned over time to focus my attention and energy on what I'm doing in the moment. It was very gratifying for me to see it kick in on a different, grander scale.

The whole weekend was one of the most intense and exciting experiences I've ever had. Checking in here from the venue and taking in all the support helped to get my feet back on the ground.

The same things apply in karate and in competition as in most meaningful pursuits: Though it may not always seem that way, we're truly and only competing with our own fears, self-doubt, and our perceived past failures. Everything else is just noise.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
The same things apply in karate and in competition as in most meaningful pursuits: Though it may not always seem that way, we're truly and only competing with our own fears, self-doubt, and our perceived past failures. Everything else is just noise.
Could not agree more! Noise, projections and other similar things. If I understand it correctly, similar feelings and realizations were also the ones that helped me best to understand, navigate, and handle my life-long anxiety (a gradual course and learning curve that still lasts and probably will till the end of me).

I will paraphrase some spiritual texts that I like, without specific reference, take it or leave it.

(These moments...) allow us to see that we cannot discern the big picture from our limited perspective. Only in presence can we perceive the unity, goodness, and perfection of this moment - of right now. And since right now is where we actually are, this realization is all we need.

In presence, we understand that the unfolding of the universe is benign, always developing and optimizing. This perception gives us confidence and allows our minds to cease their endless agendas and projects.

In this moment, the objects and the background, the dancer and the dance, the stars and the space that holds them are all of one substance, one ultimate Truth, one ultimate Reality. The experience of this is immediate and non-conceptual. When we experience this, most sense of separateness, alienation, fear, and desire ends. We feel our unity with the rest of the world and realize that it has never been otherwise. In this knowledge is liberation and profound inner peace.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Though it may not always seem that way, we're truly and only competing with our own fears, self-doubt, and our perceived past failures. Everything else is just noise.

Love this!
Old 07-19-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
EndGame

Welcom.Home.jpg
Old 07-19-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome
Old 07-20-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

That is lovely
Old 07-20-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It was something to be proud of, EG. Very glad you had that special experience & shared part of it with us.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
EndGame

Training For The Nationals

Okay. I decided this pic is anonymous enough for me to post it.

File.Photo1.jpg
Old 07-23-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
p***enger

Amazing and beautiful thread, EndGame - congratulations!