Notices

HELP! Sobriety Contract

Old 07-01-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation HELP! Sobriety Contract

I am a 24 year old addict/alcoholic that lives with my 70 year old grandmother [dads mom and a "normie"] and my 50 year old father, who is also an addict. I am having a very hard time staying clean because my father is an active user, and although I have tried to tell my grandmother this, she does not "see" it, so she doesn't believe it's happening. It's been hard for me to stay clean because I see my dad using, and there are absolutely no consequences for his actions; but if I am to start using again consistently, I go back to rehab. I feel completely disrespected as a human by both my gma and dad. And it makes me feel like, if my dad can use and nothing happen, then why cant I? It's something I struggle with daily.
So in order to prove to her that my dad is still using, I came up with an idea of writing up a sobriety contract that both him and I will have to abide to, and if we are not willing to follow all stipulations of said contract then we are ultimately 'choosing' to move out of the house. The requirements and consequences of the contract are as follows:
-must submit random drug test; if more than 2 are failed then go to rehab or move out.
-go to counseling/therapy weekly; non-negotiable.
-go to at least 3 AA/NA meetings weekly; non-negotiable.
-complete daily chores; if not completed then pick up the rest of household's assigned chores for the rest of the week
-be employed or in school within 6 months of signing contract. must show proof of at least 3 job searches per month for 6 months; if not in school, but looking for job & hasn't found one by the end of the 6 months then the search may be extened; non-negotiable. either school or job.
-participate in family night once a week; non-negotiable]
-participate in family meeting every sunday night at 6pm sharp; non-negotiable.

i am having trouble putting together positive statements within the contract to make it so that my dad will be willing to sign it, and stay in the house.. I know that once he sees all of the requirements, he will get extremely upset and more than likely want to leave rather than stay and get randomly drug tested.

this is my opening statement:
I, ______________________ , am willing to submit to the stipulations of this contract in order to help provide a stable and positive environment for all peoples living within this household. I understand that if I refuse to adhere to this contract, that I am ultimately choosing to move out, and not return until I am ready and willing to follow the stipulations of said contract. I understand that this contract is set up as a guide to hold all separate parties of this household accountable for their daily actions, and to provide a positive environment for personal growth, health, and safety.

I am begging, PLEASE, help me find words to put into this contract to make it more of a chance that my dad will stay in the house and comply with the contract. this is not only for my sobriety and wellbeing but for his as well. and so that my grandmother can finally feel safe in her own home again!

Thank you,
.:hippie.juera:.