Notices

Flushed my hydrocodone pills tonight

Old 06-30-2016, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Flushed my hydrocodone pills tonight

Hello... New to these forums.

Have been addicted to marijuana and alcohol for the past six years. Did everything I could to maintain use even facing random drug tests and the possibility of losing everything I have.. my freedom, my scholarships at school and the respect of my family and friends.

Wisdom teeth were taken out two days ago... was given hydrocodone for the "pain". I already know i have a high pain tolerance,and sure enough I have felt little to no pain since the teeth were pulled.

Last night I had about 4 beers. Being the addict I am... i figured why not take one of the hydrocodones just to see how it feels. A good 45 minutes went by with little affect... decided to take another one.

I was then hit with the absolute scariest moment of my life. I stood up and instantly stumbled onto my dresser and then onto my bed where i lay for 25 seconds. I lost all motor control skills and felt my heart starting to race. I was extremely lightheaded and dizzy, I thought i may be going into unconsciousness. I managed to stumble into my dads room where i tell him to take me to the ER. He sat me down and spoke with me for about a minute, until suddenly I started to come to.

Tonight I took another hydrocodone (no alcohol in my system) and had a similar rush. This is when i made probably the best decision of my life and flushed the 8 remaining pills down the toilet. I can't believe I did it... legal opiate pills that can get me high as heck... and I flushed them down the toilet. I am so proud of myself, i just couldn't contain it.

So here I am. Ready to quit all of this BS. I finally feel optimistic about becoming completely sober.

-Nightowl
Old 06-30-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Night owl nice to meet you
Old 07-01-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done for finding your way here NightOwl, and welcome.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Many people have gotten and remained sober using this forum daily.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to you and congratulations for flushing the pills. This a a great place for support to quit the alcohol and marijuana.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome and you can do this!

My final straw was a few weeks ago, when after a period of sobriety I was taking medication prescribed by my Dr for anxiety and after a crazy, emotional week I decided to skip the pill and have a few glasses of wine instead. I did t even consider the meds had built up in my system by that time. I ended up losing complete control of my body. I was literally on the floor and had to be carried to bed. Scary stuff......I'm 52 and I'm too old for this but to young to die!
I'm now completely committed to total sobriety now and have a plan I'm working hard right now.
I wish you the best and I'm glad you're OK!
Old 07-01-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi NightOwl, welcome! Proud of you for flushing the pills. I was prescribed opiate pain pills after surgery a couple of years ago. I found myself taking them for the "high". Fortunately I realized pretty quickly that I was headed down a slippery slope, and since I knew I was an alcoholic I certainly didn't want to trade one addiction for another. So I flushed them. So glad I did. Two less people included in the dire statistics of opiate addiction. Well done.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the sober road of recovery.

Nice to see you here.

Mountainmanbob
Old 07-01-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, NightOwl92, and congrats on choosing a better way of life in recovery.

I highly suggest joining the Class of July 2016 thread found on this same forum. It's a great way to learn from and help others who are newly clean/sober.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR NightOwl
D
Old 07-04-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jane 8 and formerwinegirl, really didn't expect to run into someone so quick that had such a similar problem as I did. I have been taking 'psych' meds on and off for awhile now... probably eleven years now, then my mother passed eight years ago which obviously made my problems even worse. mainly celexa, buspuar, and recently wellbutrin (which has worked wonders on my alcoholism). I have gone months without taking them just fine, only to be put back on them after aggravating factors caused my previous anxiety and depression to return (breakup with a long-time girlfriend, short prison sentence for a probation violation, the stress of holding 3 jobs at once).

The past few weeks I have once again felt like I am ready to return to complete sobriety.. but every time i try to wean myself off them (my psych has recognized that i am smart enough to wean off meds on my own), I get tempted to drink or smoke weed. This alone makes me wonder when I will actually be able to stray away from drugs completely, whether legal or illegal. I feel as if I'll always need some sort of help, but I honestly desire a day that I can be off medication completely, without the need for illegal drugs.

Anyways, i am now 4 days sober. I am definitely not someone to seek for advice at this point re: recovery, but I can definitely provide some support, the last thing I want to see is someone else in my spot. No matter what, please keep me updated regarding your recovery.

P.s thank you everyone else for your kind words. Glad to have finally found a forum on the internet that doesn't consist of spammers.

-Nightowl92
Old 07-04-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Nightowl
Old 07-04-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job on day 4