Notices

Chickenlady's Accountability thread

Old 07-16-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Allllrrrriiuggghhtttyy then!!! (Anyone remember that Jim Carey gem?) That's how I felt getting out of bed this morning, I feel pretty darn good, back pain is super minimal, I beat last night's craving, and both the boy and the girl woke up in good moods. It's like I won some sort of weird suburban woman lottery...the things that make me happy now.😏
Today, I must get to work on deep cleaning my disgusting house since I literally laid on my back all week last week. But first, the grocery store with the girl, the boy has soccer practice.
I'm wearing my favorite leggings with realistic looking piggies 🐖 all over them, got my iced bulletproof coffee, and a baby playing bongos on my butt🍑, life is so good today🤗.

Last edited by Chickenlady06; 07-16-2016 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-16-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Do your best

You rock Chickenlady
Old 07-16-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Haha!! Love this! You go girl.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you soberwolf and pixus, it's very odd the things that make me feel on top of the world. For instance, I just cleared my closets and drawers of all sorts of clothing clutter I had been holding onto for one reason or another and two trashbags later I have work clothes, crossfit clothes, and beach clothes, I have the rare ocassion I venture away from either of those places clothes, but that's just a black dress and a pair of jeans. Let's just keep things simple.
That's what I really need right now, simplicity. My life really is comfortable, good job, good hubs and kids, I moved far away from my super stressful family so its actually nice when I do get to see them. Drinking complicated things so much, it was the only chaos in my life. I know as my kids grow things will change, my life will change, job will change, but right here, now I have zero reasons to drink, to escape, to forget. So today will be another sober day, and I'll continue to post here to remind myself why, and continue to spew my thoughts onto you poor people, thanks for listening! 😚

🎶"Toes in the water, a** in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold <la croix> in my hand..."🎶😎 Off to the beach in a week!!!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 18 comes to a close, I got about half a days house work in, tomorrow, I have to tackle 🛁 bathrooms and start getting ready to pack for the beach week, we leave next Saturday. ⛱ Our besties are sharing the condo with us and a bunch of or family will be there, I am still working out that plan, but mostly it's just to always have a full cup of fruity water in my hand and shake it at peope whenever a drink is offered, showing them my cup is already filled. Plus, I always take it easy on these vacations because it's the hubs family and so not fun to be a disgusting drunk in front of them (although I have done it, and slept on the beach overnight..ugh). I'm honestly not super worried about it.

Today I'm grateful for good days and good moods. Today was an all around good day, a little cleaning, a little cooking, went shopping, library, and then made the beach plan with our friends. Once the rain rolled in we're home watching tv. Easy, pleasant, lovely.

Beauty moment, I can swear all day that the girl said "chicken". I mean she didn't because she's only nine months old, but she's starting to mimic and I was saying chicken as I was handing it to her and she made the major ch and k sounds. She does say mama and dad though. She's probably a genius. 🤓
Old 07-17-2016, 03:48 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 19! Woke up on my own at 445 this morning, took advantage of the quiet and made some iced coffee and read my book on the science of overeating...that should be a fun beach read. 😆
Right now, I'm watching my daughter explore her room, right now she's talking rather loudly into her monitor, wondering if the hubs rolled over and turned off the receiver yet. "Daddy's in there, tell him all about it!" Hehehehe....😊
I'm slowly trying to turn him to the sober side of thinking, with a lot of I feel greats and I got a ton done this morning. So now I have to go do stuff so I'm not a liar. Actually, the best part of no hangovers is truly enjoying the silence and the early mornings. Being lazy is actually way more fun sober because I get to enjoy it, it's a choice I've made not just a state booze has placed me in.
So bathrooms, gross, hate them. Then laundry, living room, and then we have to do a little beach related shopping. Then big suitcase and I have to start packing!!! Week long sober vacation here I come!!!
⛱🦄🌻👙
Old 07-17-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Just caught up on your thread chickenlady--you're doing a great job
on living sobriety, and I enjoyed reading every word
Old 07-17-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Just caught up on your thread chickenlady--you're doing a great job
on living sobriety, and I enjoyed reading every word
Aww thank you Hawkeye!! I'm working hard at hardly working. This little public journal is helping me so much this go round, I feel so much more stable.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations CL & alrighty then I loved ace ventura
Old 07-17-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your progress CL

D
Old 07-17-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thank you soberwolf and dee! Feels great to still be here, it's been shaky here and there, but I'm finishing out a strong day 19.

My back is still bugging me though. I have a gentle exercise regimen I'm following that is helping and it's feeling better.The fam and I went and wandered round walmart looking for random things we needed for beach week and my back started to spasm like crazy. All that helped was counter pressure and when we got back I did my stretches and exercises and felt relief, then hubs asked me if I had taken any ibuprofen and I hadn't so he hollered at me because he had reminded me and I got sidetracked. So now I'm icing and took my ibuprofen, having my tea, reading my book and getting ready for dreamland.
Today I'm grateful that my hubs does know what it is like to be in my shoes as far as my back pain and is trying to take carecare of me. He's enduring my little rage flare ups due to pain and helping around the house.

Beautiful moment: hubs and the boy went out and did some hardcore soccer training thisthis afternoon. It was very sweet to see them running drills, perfecting footwork, and conditioning together. I love that they share the same passion.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Made myself sleep on my back with a pillow under my knees last night and woke up very close to pain free on day 20 of being sober! This is all very good! 👏
Rolled out of bed, did my exercises, made my breakfast, packed my feed bag for work, cranked the Adele and got ready for work in record time. I'm not much of a primper, so this really isn't a big deal, but I added some slightly pink lip gloss to mark my happy mood. 💋
Okay today's plan is to work, work, work, work, work. Try to make monday go by as fast as possible I have a beach and family I haven't seen in a year to get to on Saturday!! Tonight, I have to finish the bathroom vanity and floors and make taco salad for dinner.

🌻Let's do this! 🦄
Old 07-18-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I think you should lay off the handstand push ups.
Those things are really hard on neck and shoulders as well

Have you read "Primal Endurance" yet?
It has a very interesting paradigm of becoming a "fat-burning machine"
which also breaks the carb / alcohol cravings for me.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I think you should lay off the handstand push ups.
Those things are really hard on neck and shoulders as well

Have you read "Primal Endurance" yet?
It has a very interesting paradigm of becoming a "fat-burning machine"
which also breaks the carb / alcohol cravings for me.

Bwahahahaha, yeah I'm a hspu machine, with 50# of weights and an ab mat under me. Lol, but yes I'm back to basics right now with a core and back regimen directed by my lovely physical therapist. I will start back with some walking and light bodyweight reps next week and head back to the box the week after, armed with a super scaled ego. Just want to be back with my buddies really, and I won't be doing anything crazy, just want to get something done.
I am putting that book on my list right now. I'm waiting on true to form to becone available right now. Thanks hawkeye!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Do your best

You are doing awesome CL
Old 07-18-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 20!!
Old 07-18-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thank you soberwolf and midwest!! Today was rough, coworker is sick, so I'm doing two weeks of my work plus this week of her work, which means I barely made a dent in the "all the crap I have to acomplish before going on vacation" list. I'm exhausted, the girl is having tummy troubles so I'm rocking a baby to sleep, and having zero motivation to finish cleaning my bathroom floors.
Anyways putting the girl to bed and then heading there myself.

I'm grateful for a busy and positive day today. It was a bit much, but kept the day from dragging.

Beauty moment, singing country songs after work, on my way to get the girl. I was pretty stressed, so I cranked the radio and pretended I was a country star! Lol. It did the trick!
Old 07-18-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 View Post
Thank you soberwolf and midwest!! Today was rough, coworker is sick, so I'm doing two weeks of my work plus this week of her work, which means I barely made a dent in the "all the crap I have to acomplish before going on vacation" list. I'm exhausted, the girl is having tummy troubles so I'm rocking a baby to sleep, and having zero motivation to finish cleaning my bathroom floors.
Anyways putting the girl to bed and then heading there myself.

I'm grateful for a busy and positive day today. It was a bit much, but kept the day from dragging.

Beauty moment, singing country songs after work, on my way to get the girl. I was pretty stressed, so I cranked the radio and pretended I was a country star! Lol. It did the trick!
I follow your thread every day chicken lady. I love your positive attitude. I'm a few days behind you in sobriety and hope I never catch you! Keep up the awesome work.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks mattq2! Good work, I know it's been tough! Keep it up!!

Alright, today is 21 days. Oh goodness 3 weeks really has flown by. Woke up relatively pain free this morning so I'm a happy camper. Today is going to be incredibly busy coworker will be out all week, and I have meetings most the morning today that takes me away from my desk. Oh well, that's being a grown up, and it stinks. 😝
My goal is to stay super positive all week, I'm not going into my vacation with a crappy attitude. I really want to fully enjoy my time off, sober and happy, enjoying time with my family and kids, really soaking it all in. I can totally do this. Plus when I feel positive, I don't feel the urge to drink.
Last night, Hubs had those little lime a rita things that I used to pound back like shots and upon seeing them, I felt totally indifferent. I just stood at the fridge waiting for the urge to grab one, waiting for the fight. It didn't come, I feel happy, I have nothing to escape. Even my tough monday wasn't so awful, I still have a good paying job, great hubs and kids and home to end the day with. Right now the positive mindset/happy attitude thing is working, so I'm sticking with it. 😄

🌻🌻 "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Mahatma Gandhi🌻🌻
Old 07-19-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Do your best

Woot Woot 3 weeks