Save Yourself Here Weekender June 24 Part 2

Old 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I saw this picture online and it made me smile

Socks are a nuisance sometimes Soberwolf

Ruby a five hour drive from my flat I could easily cover 8 or even 9 miles

I had some cravings a while ago - 1st in quite a long time. They seem to have gone fortunately

Deep cleaned the bathroom floor tonight - glamorous life huh
Old 06-29-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Love this one Tetra, it made me chuckle ha ha ha. Thank you for sharing this!
Old 06-29-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Britain's summer started June 1st I think, today is the 29th the amount of rain that has been present and winds aswell today I think we have had more rain than sun ? really odd weather for end of June but then I think of a typical english summer and think par for the course

Going to be like this all night
Didn't you promise me nice weather when I get over there, SW?
Old 06-29-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

((SU)) I think you deserve a hug too.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Yes, SUID, big hugs to you. I know the last few weeks have been particularly challenging. (((SUID)))

Glad the cravings passed, Sao. They do tend to do that when we give them no power.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey all, hugs for all.

I've been quiet bc I'm still in a funk. Just a sad uncomfortable feeling with where I'm at.

Accountability to-do list:
-Have old dr office fax over medical stuff to new dr with the crabby nurse that was rude and condescending to me
-find a pcp and make appt bc rude GI nurse says I have to. More $$ for nothing.
-do job reference template for headhunter that bothers me every day JUST CHEERFULLY TOUCHING BASE for job I don't really want but I pursue so I feel "connected" and "networky"

I hate feeling this way when nothing is really wrong except I'm uncomfortable in my situation. So change it! Think of others! Think of people who are really suffering! None of those things are working right now. I will keep trying.

Heck, I'm even going to pray for some gratitude right now. For eyes to see my blessings and once I see them, to STAY THERE AND STOP WHINING IN MY HEAD.

If I have thoughts like these, if I have a somewhat baseline melancholic nature, is this a reason to seek psychiatric help? I was on an SSRI for about a year when I was learning how to deal panic and anxiety attacks and it helped a lot.

I just don't know what is depression and what is me being selfish and unhappy bc I'm a jerk or not proactive enough.

At what point would you consider going to a doctor for this?

Love you guys, xoxo
Old 06-29-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

(((Melina)))
I'd consider going to a doctor for if it continues much longer. Depression is nothing to mess with. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and anxiety disorder several years ago, after taking a crazy long test. I was actually shocked I was that bad. Looking back, though, I should not have been surprised. I had just learned to be OK with being basically miserable, thought that was just how I was. Went on an SSRI for a couple of years, and did therapy, and it may have saved my life at the time. I was beginning to be suicidal. It didn't fix everything - I had to quit drinking for things to REALLY improve, but it sure helped.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

(((Melina)))
Old 06-29-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry Fab xx lol xx

Goodnight San Diego stay classy
Old 06-29-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Deep cleaned the bathroom floor tonight - glamorous life huh
You stole my thunder.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

(((Melina)))
Old 06-29-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Big hugs to everyone that needs it. Big hugs!!!
Old 06-29-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Melina and SUID get big hugs! Melina, I'd go just for screening.

MLD my mother in law lives in the South Loop. Parking is a pain with trying to figure out where and what time and what's free. But, it's become pedestrian friendlier. And there are more things to do than before

São I'm glad that craving passed. Scrubbing tile would be a good way to squelch it.

I'm on the train home. Yay. Yoga tonight. Hopefully little Miss doesn't whisper in my ears about getting hers pierced.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi, all,

In one of my occasional "get rid of photos I've not used since taken," I apparently deleted my Union Depot pics. (I erroneously called it Union Station earlier.) But here is a link, especially for Ruby and Coldfusion.

UNION DEPOT

Thanks, Behan. You are a dear.

Melina, it took me a long time to make the leap about seeing a mental health professional. Today, I scheduled an appointment with a different provider, one I can see in a month. Still have the other appointment, too, but think it best to take advantage of the opportunity to see someone sooner.
Wolfie, I chuckle whenever I see your "San Diego, stay classy" sign-off. One of those movie scenes that still makes me howl.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Daily dose of wildflowers. Tried posting this earlier but had technological issues
Old 06-29-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

This is the entrance to one of the Loop elevated train stations. The tracks loop downtown, hence the nickname. The station is over a hundred years old and is due to be refurbished.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Joy!!!!

My little sister has just announced the date and venue of her wedding!!!!! A wonderful venue which was once a mill!!! Looks amazing. I'm so happy for her!!!
Old 06-29-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Joy!!!!

My little sister has just announced the date and venue of her wedding!!!!! A wonderful venue which was once a mill!!! Looks amazing. I'm so happy for her!!!
Wonderful! Though I imagine Finn will be a tad too young to be the ring-bearer.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Tomorrow I have to see "The Dragon Lady" aka my line manager to get a copy of my contract signed and I am dreading it. I don't like her, and it is rare that I would take such an instant dislike to people. I don't like her tone, abrupt manner or the way she speaks to me and other people, but it needs to be done. I had signed that letter and sent it back to HR via internal post. They could have sent it back to me through internal post instead of sending it to my house.

I told my mom about the 60 letters and that "I only made one mistake". She said "what kind of mistake?" I told her a "typo, spelling mistake". She said "oh I thought you meant something major. That's nothing". She had made some stew when I got home and while I was eating she said "I am pleased to see the colour returning to your cheeks. I am worried about you. You are working too hard". I laughed a lot as no one has ever accused me of that before!! I just get the feeling that my manager is waiting for me to slip up like when she embarassed me in front of everyone in the office and I do not trust her at all. So I double check everything to make sure it's ok.

I have to call the guy I am renting the room from in the morning. The previous tenant was there for a long time and I would like a new mattress. I am not handing over a wad of cash until I am satisfied. As my dad said "sure our own tenants gave me a list as long as my arm as to what they want changed".

Hugs to all who need it xxx

See you all on the new thread.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Daily dose of wildflowers. Tried posting this earlier but had technological issues
That looks ominous! What is that structure? Please tell me it's a max-security prison.