Notices

201 days sober

Old 06-27-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

201 days sober

I had a depressing thought running through my head for a few weeks but it's gone now. I posted about it if your curious. Probably what folks refer to as PAWS, it was strange. Unpacking?

Finished my DUI repeat offender class Sunday. I don't think anyone in there had 5 except Some of them were in more legal problems than me and sadly will continue to drink. Crazy addiction huh?

There was a girl I liked. 54 - 36..the math isn't good and probably a bad idea dating someone from a DUI class. If I was 5 years young and she 5 years old...she probably still wouldn't go out with me Yeah, I'm still lonely. Some how that's going to fix itself I guess.

I'm done with all the legal problems except time and money. I have the Texas Occupation licence-same as a regular license but costs more.

I'm happy I haven't had a hang over in a long time. Anyway I'm pretty sure I need to work more on the recovery end of this deal.

Have a good night.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First off congrats on 201 days, chrcarlson! That's excellent. I think I can relate to what you're saying; it's pretty hard. Just hard. After the initial panic subsided I sank into that "is this all there is?" funk and it lasted awhile. It feels like that's where you are. You've been sober long enough for the "pink cloud" to dissipate but not long enough to develop a new approach to life. And that is what it takes- you kind of have to relearn how to live. For example it never occurred to me that I could be lonely since alcohol was there for me every single day. Without that I didn't have much social life and no real idea how to get one.

Obviously not everyone is the same, so we all go through this a little differently. However it's true for nearly everyone that it gets easier as you get more time in. At one year I figured I was probably "done" with recovery, that I had fully transitioned into a new sober life. But when I hit two years sober I found that I felt different still, and at three years I was still learning and developing. Maybe that process never ends.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on your 201 days
Old 06-28-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

MythOfSisyphus- I think you are spot on. Fear kept me sober for months and there is still some of it left. It has greatly lessened. You are right, I'm kinda inbetween right now. I'm not drinking or craving hard but I'm also not enjoying a full sober life.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 201 days sober!
Old 06-28-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 201 days. Follow your instincts...if you think you need to up your recovery game, you do. Try meetings. They can help with the lonely side too.

Meetups are good for meeting people...at least its worth a shot.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your milestone Chrc

D
Old 06-28-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 201 days!... SUPER !

DD