Notices

Two Days

Old 06-27-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two Days

I'm finishing up my 2nd day sober and it has definitely been harder today than yesterday. I'm itching and very restless.

Had a great day with the wife earlier on but it's difficult now at night.

I've never tried these forums, I just stumbled across the site when googling what to expect from withdrawal. I figured I'd give this a shot for a support Center.

I don't know what to expect at all, but I'm open to doing whatever it takes and whatever will help me stay on the right path.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you posted. SR is very helpful. I stumbled on here 197 days ago. I like reading people the first threads of those over a year sober. click on their name and a drop down appears.

The first week was the hardest for me. It got generally easier after that. I usually drank after work, it was toughest then. Try to Plan to do something during the hours you normally drank-makes it easier. When ever I catch myself think I'll never drink again I switch to thinking I'm not going to drink just today. Thinking about not drinking for months or years is harder than going one day. 35 years of drinking, I never thought I'd string together 201 days. I'm not going to drink today. One Day at a Time.

Best Wishes
Old 06-28-2016, 02:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi NewStart nice to meet you this is a great place to get sober friendly anonymous & wisdom in abundance
Old 06-28-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! You will find lots of support here. You should join the June, and maybe even the July class (once it starts). It helps to have a group of people in the same point of recovery as you.

Read and post daily, and make sure to have a plan in place for the times you would have been drinking. Looking forward to seeing you on here!!
Old 06-28-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I was able to sleep off all my restlessness.

Today's a new day...just have to get through it.

I'm looking forward to being on here daily. Thanks for the support.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done for today - I too am on day 2. Look at it this way, as difficult as it was, you did it and 2 days is better than 0 days. So now aim for 3 days
Old 06-28-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome to SR. I have had many Day 2's in my struggle with alcohol. It gets better as long as you fight the AV and try not to get triggered. As soon as I started to feel better and my head got out of the alcoholic fog, my Alcoholic Voice would tell me 'drink some wine and you will feel even better'. Fighting those thoughts is a battle for me. Hope you are staying strong!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome newstart - you'll find a lot of support and understanding here. I'm glad you found us

D