Notices

I drank yesterday

Old 06-26-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I went through a terrible cycle about 1.5 years ago, when I had a calendar and would color the dates "green" on dry days and "red" on drinking days. Then, my AV would look at it and say, "well hey! This isn't so bad, look at all this green!" Problem is, it didn't work, and things became even worse than they had been before. Sometimes, the only thing between me and a drink in the early days has been not wanting to throw away X number of days. Just my opinion, but I think starting fresh at 1, with new resolve to do something different next time, is the way to go.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jack465 View Post
Unfortunately, for many of us one drinking session IS enough to wipe out a lot of our progress... that's why people put such a big emphasis on this.

I agree with your point though. I still have written down my ratio of sober days vs. drinking days from when I was still trying to quit, so I can see how many times I stayed sober during that period.
You know, I really like that idea. From the day you decide to stop; maybe it's not Day 1 again if you slip totally resetting after many months of good work and success. Maybe it becomes 42 vs. 2 or 200 vs 5.

Hell if I were 365/14 I'd be pretty happy with myself and would be pretty healthy. How much damage could I possibly do in 14 days... I guess it depends on the person, but that would work for me.