Notices

Day 27

Old 06-22-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 27

Today and yesterday I started having slight weakness and fatigue. I remember last time I tried to get sober I started having this same issue around the 25th day or so. Do you think this is due to quitting drinking and smoking cigarettes? I was fine up until monday.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have an answer for you, but my moods and energy levels have been all over the place. You're not alone.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You body and brain are healing. There will be physical manifestations. It's normal. But if it continues, you could always see your doctor and make sure you aren't coming down with something.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember the first month being really tough. It's a combination of maybe both but carry on. It will get easier over time.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not sure but, you are coming up on 30 days sober. That's great.

I still remember when I couldn't get 30 minutes.

Mountainman
Old 06-22-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree with Carl & Bob good job on day 27
Old 06-22-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you (Day 26) but I've been exhausted since the very beginning, meaning that if I slept 8 hours at night I could still easily sleep all afternoon. I read somewhere that vitamins B and D help, but I am taking both and I'm still so sleepy!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The first 5-6 weeks were really tough for me as I was very sick.

The fatigue was enormous - much like luvmygirls mentioned, when I got to sleeping a good long night, I still took several hour naps on many days, for the first 3 or 4 weeks. Those lessened in frequency and length but I do still take an occasional nap (did, just this afternoon) and it's usually when I have had a couple of days of really busy stuff, and/or something significant happen (good or bad).

I think of this early phase of my recovery (I just hit 4mos - WTG on nearing a month, by the way!!) as the alcohol's effects rolling through and out of my body. As the process goes, my physical and mental effects have been changing, improving overall but varying in where and how I feel them, if all that makes sense. Gotta keep going to keep the healing and replacement with more and more good stuff coming.

You WILL feel better. Stay in tune with how you are feeling and be kind to yourself. And do see a dr if needed, even if just for a PA to visit with you and go over things.

Good luck!
Old 06-23-2016, 02:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was tired and lacked motivation the first two months personally. Healing takes time and has been up and down for me. I am early on and it still is. I have longer stretches of good days though!!

Lilly