Notices

Havent been on here in a while..

Old 06-21-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Havent been on here in a while..

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well.
It's been some time since I've been on here, but something is driving me towards you guys.
I relapse about 4 months ago after achieving a year and a half of sobriety. Sobriety was something I was taking very serious and was reaping benefits from. My best friend died 5 months ago maybe that pushed me over, or maybe it's the feeling of loneliness, I always feel lost in this world I have no idea why I'm here.
I want to be more then a addict, I want to love my self. Maybe this is where I belong.
Thanks for reading
Old 06-21-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Well this is a good place to come to help others and that is what I have found is an importnt ingredient in permanent recovery.

The apartness you talk about is something I suffered from and think of aa a spiritual malady, a kind of disconnect with the world and the people around me. That was the main reason I drank, it seemed to fix that.

I found joining the AA program (not just going to meetings) fixed it as well, without the need to drink. A similar principle to comeing here, but with people you can see.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there MyTime. I hope you give sobriety another try, a year and a half is no small accomplishment. Forgive yourself the relapse and start over. We're here if you need us.

I do relate to your feeling lost, and lonely. I've spent a lot of time feeling that way myself. As I grow in sobriety, I'm learning to accept and love myself.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

MyTime, you are much more than an addict. And, I think you will find your life's purpose as you work on your recovery.

I'm glad you're back.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back MyTime.

I'm sorry for your loss. I do agree tho with the others - you are more than just an addict already

Fight for yourself

D
Old 06-21-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back to SR. I felt empty a lot. Like I never quite fit in. Drinking at first helped ease my anxiety but then drove me apart from people as I increasingly isolated.

Coming here every day, even if just to check in, helps. Reading and posting helps more. You can do this
Old 06-21-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

MyTime, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm glad that you came back here. This is such a safe place full of good people and we're all fighting the same fight together. There's always someone here posting.

You do belong here, right along with the rest of us, you're not alone.