Notices

Completely astonished

Old 07-02-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

DID the steps? It's not something for doing and stopping. It's a continuous process. Hence, LIVE the steps.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Invisiblegarden View Post
I've taken that 1st step again after 4 yr's admitting I'm an alcoholic and now I want to quit drinking..seeked Dr's help shifty response there...husband sat a fifth of crown in front of me and said here's your rehab taper yourself off ..really I drink a fifth almost every night and this was his answer..I asked for help not a joke..he says I have a job to clean the house and take care of our kids..so 3 days later here I am no liquor left just handed a six pack of coors. I'm depressed and I cry a lot which I know is totally normal just really sucks. I'm dredding that day coming soon where I will lose my mind anybody else know what I'm saying. Last time I went out I came home and took a bunch of morphine and slept 2 days I knew the alcohol was getting to me and my thoughts! I'm praying for support and I love reading happy sober stories!
That husband of yours is doing you a grave disservice - maybe he thinks he's helping you, but in my view what he did just isn't right.

I only say that because I want you to hear that is not support, and you deserve support. If he can't give it to you, then get your help and support where you can - rehab, AA, here, whatever it takes.

Please don't allow your husband or anyone else to drag you back into destructive patterns.... this is YOUR life and YOUR choice and YOU are making the right decisions coming here, seeking help, choosing sobriety.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi IG,

Hope you are doing ok today, please check in and let us know how you are.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Here today my update

Selfish and ashamed I did commit suicide alcohol/serequel pills and lived to tell spent 4 days in icu i went to the beach to a rehab and I left I'm home now I couldn't be away from my kids there the only reason I want to be here I'm so confused tired and exhausted I'm not in a great stable state I just keep pushing myself forward I have to stay busy or my head goes crazy for cravings and bad thoughts..need advice please...
Old 07-14-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

IG.. I am so sorry your feeling this way. I have been so low before and thought of leaving this earth but my child is what kept me here. Try to think of your kids without a mom? You need to get better, they need their mom. I really think you need to go to inpatient. Get the help u need, the break u need. In the end it will be worth it. You were sober before, you can do it again.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

And you say you need to stay busy to keep your mind off the cravings, well then do that, stay busy. Whatever helps you through another day without drinking. I am not an expert, hell i only have 3 days sober but i feel you girl, i do.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you considered some form of therapy IG ? sorry your feeling like this stick with us