Notices

Back for the 100th time ...😳

Old 06-19-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back for the 100th time ...😳

Hello peops. Just wanted to stop by and say Im back after ages gone from the forum. I was doing well....until I wasnt. Now im drinking two nights a week minimum and cant even stop that. I used to be an every nighter so I kinda thought I had it under control doing it this way.....yeah right lol

Feel pretty embarrassed but its better feeling embarrassed here than humiliating myself a couple of nights a week in front of people i love or on social media or having days off work on a monday cos ur hungover......for example :-!

Anyways i need some help this time. And i REALLY hate saying that.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh also I remember when sobriety seemed really exciting and i was so looking forward to it. But i just feel tired now. How do i find that feeling again?
Old 06-19-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sobriety has definitely caused my physical and mental health to improve. There have still been difficult situations during the past five and a half months, but it has been helpful to be able to deal with them sober.

I wasted many years attempting to moderate, and it never worked for me. You can do this!!!
Old 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm still feeling tired at 6 months animalnurse9, but it's better (for me) than the embarrassing and freaky nightmare that drinking produces.

The grog really knocks it out of you emotionally and psychologically, which in themselves produce fatigue. A lot of it imo is mental fatigue, which flows on to bodily fatigue. I'm trying to improve my diet which I know will help.

It's healthy to ask for help animal nurse and the excitement of sobriety will return whence you quit and start clocking the days.

Even though I am still tired at 6 months the wonder and excitement of sobriety is alive and well. Now, the thought of drinking fills me with dread.

Keep posting and stay close, you are only over The Ditch.

Good vibes from Australia.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

animalnurse9 - welcome back.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wasted many years attempting to moderate, and it never worked for me. You can do this!!![/QUOTE]

Moderating is just an excuse for me to be able to drink i think...definitely doesnt work!
Old 06-19-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Gday steely ;-)

Mental fatigue is definitely what im feeling. Its making me just want to sleep all day and im foggy at work. The amount of time i spend thinkin about drinking is stupid as is the excitement i feel when it gets to friday. Such a waste of brain power. I want to feel excited about something else for once.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, nice Kiwi lady. I remember you!

The fog of early sobriety is really hard. Remember it well.

Sometimes, I think it helps not to define your goals as sobriety and sobriety alone, but rather charting the kind of life you want for yourself, with sobriety as a path to take you there. Just a thought ... hope it helps.

It's nice to see you. Never give up.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

I needed help getting sober we all did
Old 06-19-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back animalnurse

I don;t think I've given you this before, but if you're having trouble stopping drinking I think making a plan is a great idea - there's some really good reading here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

I agree with Venecia - it is about more than just not drinking - it's about the life we want and who we want to be - but stopping drinking needs to be phase one.

Have you considered joining the Class of June thread?

D
Old 06-19-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Welcome back.

We are addicts. We can't moderate. I tried for years too, but always ended up periodically nearly drinking myself to death....just for fun.

So clean now. Keeping booze as my kryptonite. It is poison to me.

My wife has drank less than a case of booze in her life. She had a glass of wine tonight and actually started to get loud in a fancy restaurant. Thank God she wasn't too drunk to listen to reason. She was making a scene.

Pot calling the kettle...lol...

Anyway....stay clean. Eat clean. Change your life a bit.

Stay away from too much sugar. It is as bad as booze.

Thanks for the post.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi animalnurse! Join the class of June thread, the weekender thread (they're a strange bunch but it'll keep ya busy) and maybe check out a face to face recovery group. We all need a little help from our friends from time to time. Sounds like you've cut back, which is good, now just get off the fence and put it down for good. It's not easy at first but in the long run it'll be less effort than "moderation".
Old 06-19-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome backguys,I remember you too Venecia :-D. Thanks for the link Dee I'll check it out and pop over to the June thread. I dont have a plan yet but I really want/need to make one.

Lol sounds so silly, drinking yourself almost to death..just for fun,but thats exactly what i do twice a week. Sometimes i think its a miracle im still alive and havent choked on my own vomit or something :-!
Old 06-19-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Animalnurse. Hi! I gave up on moderation and actually felt a huge sense of relief that I didn't have to even try and pretend that it worked for me. Probably the best battle I've chosen to stop fighting in years. Quitting was hard and it still is but I'm finding something worthwhile in every day.

Best.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes, lots of people get sober all on their own. But most people find that a program gives them a lot of much needed support and structure. I won't recommend anything in particular, because a quick search on the net will reveal that there is quite a bit out there for those wishing to get sober.

I used two programs in the beginning: an outpatient alcohol treatment center that included an addictions therapist and AA.
I ended up using the therapist for almost 3 years! I had NO idea I had so much to talk about. When I was actively drinking, I never talked to anyone about my problems. I sure needed that therapist.
And AA, I still go.
WELCOME BACK!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Animalnurse!

Glad to see you are back!

It doesn't matter that you are back for 100th time - you are back again.

The past is in the past . Guilt won't do any good, but it's crucial to learn from the past. Analyze what made you drink again and be ruthless about evicting AV from your life. It's kind of the enemy which deserves no mercy and has to be shot right on the spot.

Keep posting. Stay here for support!
Old 06-20-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi animalnurse, we haven't met before. It took me a long time to stop drinking. You probably have too much alcohol in your system to get excited about anything. Getting sober for the first time is sort of a novelty (*raises hand*) but I imagine it just seems like a gigantic hill you're too tired to climb when you have a relapse. Ironically, you might have to stop drinking before anything excites you again. Right now your brain is focused on alcohol and drinking. ((((hugs)))))
Old 06-20-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey AN

Good that you've decided to come back. Never giving up is important. I would heavily back Dee's recommendation to create a recovery plan. Dont overthink it, just start with something and build over time. THere is no shame in trying to stop this addiction.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Ive had a good couple of days and im at the end of day 3 now. Ive been journelling and working out and working and tomorrow im going to a mediatation class thing (!!)
I get really bad cravings when im happy or something good happens...so im hoping meditation doesnt make me too happy...how ridiculous is that.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll learn to be happy and sober animalnurse ...don't be afraid of it

D