Notices

I feel like s fool

Old 06-19-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel like s fool

This is a new thing for me but reading all these threads is helping. Started drinking after 3 years of sadness. I always felt like a "normal" drinker until I realized I was not. Now I have lost trust of my husband and my kids. Feel like such a fool. But this is day 4 sober after a relapse. Was 6 months sober, relapsed because thought I could handle social drinking. Went another 5 weeks sober, then just went on s 3 day spiral. My husband out of town so my 13 year old had to take care of me. The shame I'm feeling this time is awful. So emotional today but I don't blame my family.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html
Hey there Redo! Glad you posted! If you're interested there above is the link to the June class! Lots of others right where you are.....just need to post to join.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome RedoPlease

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 06-19-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you're feeling better today. Hopefully you can come up with a plan to put into action to avoid a relapse in the future. You can show your husband and children that you are changing your life.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome!

I'm glad you're feeling better today. Hopefully you can come up with a plan to put into action to avoid a relapse in the future. You can show your husband and children that you are changing your life.
Thank you Anna. Your response brought a tear to my eye. I can do it, just have to push through this shame.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're here! Don't beat yourself up, what's done is done. You had some great soberity time, get back in the groove! Wishing you the best!
Old 06-19-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dave42001 View Post
I'm glad you're here! Don't beat yourself up, what's done is done. You had some great soberity time, get back in the groove! Wishing you the best!
Thank you Dave. I have an amazing husband and kids. So much to be happy about. My younger sister committed suicide 3 years ago and I'm still struggling with the sadness of it. Drinking only socially before that. It creeps up fast.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm glad that you're here, yesterday is gone and today is a new day. You made a good decision coming and posting.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Redoplease. Congrats on day 4. Don't stop trying..... It sounds like you know exactly what you need to do. (Walk away from the drinks) It sounds simple, I know it's not. You CAN do this though. Wishing you patience and strength today.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Redo - we're so glad to have you with us.

Please be kind to yourself. None of us sets out to ruin our lives with alcohol. It was once fun & relaxing - not the nightmare it turned in to. Sometimes it takes us a while to stop pretending we can ever be a social drinker. You can do it! Please stay with us & keep posting.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Redoplease View Post
This is a new thing for me but reading all these threads is helping. Started drinking after 3 years of sadness. I always felt like a "normal" drinker until I realized I was not. Now I have lost trust of my husband and my kids. Feel like such a fool. But this is day 4 sober after a relapse. Was 6 months sober, relapsed because thought I could handle social drinking. Went another 5 weeks sober, then just went on s 3 day spiral. My husband out of town so my 13 year old had to take care of me. The shame I'm feeling this time is awful. So emotional today but I don't blame my family.
Sounds like your taking accountability and trying. Whohoo for you. Make it happen and remember the love that your family has for you, no matter the indignation they may show when you fall.

Peace
Old 06-19-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.