Notices

I know it's late but

Old 06-18-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know it's late but

Just wanted to share my Saturday night. Am sitting here drinking the most delicious strawberry flavored water. Put drunk hubby to bed hours ago. I'm reading a book and I have my rottweiler cuddled up next to me. I am petting her and marveling at how soft her fur is and how very sweet she can be though she is usually ornery. Rottweilers purr when they're happy, it's pretty cute. Funny how we can both fit on this little love seat. I'm a little sad thinking of all these moments I've missed. But am enjoying the moment. My brother in law did pass away earlier this week after his long and painful battle with cancer. I'm a little sad and depressed but still grateful tonight. I hope you're all enjoying your Saturday.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your loss daisyforever.

I'm really pleased you've found some peace tonight tho

D
Old 06-18-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm really sorry for your loss daisyforever.

I'm really pleased you've found some peace tonight tho

D
Thanks so much Dee. It's a feeling I wish I could hold onto forever. Even with the sadness, it's better and more authentic than anything I've ever felt while drunk. I will miss my dear brother in law terribly, but I'm glad he's not in pain anymore. It's nice to think of him with a sober state of mind.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss Daisy.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss Daisy.
Thank you KiKi. I wish things were different. I hope you're having a nice evening, or morning as the case might be
Old 06-19-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

So sorry for your loss
Old 06-19-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I think you're handling a painful loss fabulously. There are many who would find it an excuse to drink.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Rottweilers are the best for cuddles. i had a fabulous boy and he was VERY talkative. my condolences for your loss.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Daisy, but hold on to the lovely moment you had last evening and pull it out when you're feeling down.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chickippo View Post
Rottweilers are the best for cuddles. i had a fabulous boy and he was VERY talkative. my condolences for your loss.
She is a lot of fun and I have had a lot more time to play with her since I am not coming home and opening a bottle every night
Old 06-21-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are all very kind. I was on my pink cloud Saturday but yesterday was the funeral and it was difficult. Lots of tension because actually I have two brother in laws, meaning I have my husband's brother who was married to a man, and it is his husband who just passed away. Apparently the family of my brother in law's husband is not happy at all that the obituary named my husband's brother as the husband. They boycotted the funeral. My BIL was in a terrible mood and Lord knows I wasn't much better because I was very sad and agitated. After the funeral we went to their neighbor's house where everyone was drinking and laughing and sharing stories and I felt intensely clausterphobic and overwhelmed by it all. I don't want to be drunk but sometimes I would like to not feel like I do. But I have been reading threads and it sounds like this super emotional roller coaster will pass and then maybe, hopefully, happier days will be ahead. I did not come home and drink last night! I won't say the thought did not cross my mind but only briefly. Again I cannot imagine how much more terrible this would be if I was also getting drunk through it. I am sure having drunken outbursts would really be a big help to the family right now. Losing my MIL and BIL was kind of the catalyst to quitting however, as previous posts will testify, I have known I need to quit for a very long time.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just realized the first part of my post is confusing.

My husband's brother - we'll call him Bill. Fifteen years ago, Bill met Chuck and they fell in love. Fast forward several years and Chuck started getting very sick from Cancer. Bill and Chuck had to accept the fact that they might not have much time left and they decided to get married,not only because they loved each other but also because it would help with the legalities involved with Chuck's passing. So about a year ago they did finally make it legal and then last week, sadly, Chuck died. Chuck's family was aware of the situation, I think, but Chuck never formally came out to them. It was always the elephant in the room so they were furious when Bill identified himself as Chuck's husband in the obituary, even though Bill had nursed Chuck through his illness without any help from Chuck's family whatsoever.

I know it's kind of irrelevant to our cause here but I wanted to try to clarify the situation.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Daisy- I am sorry for the loss of your BIL. I am glad you were sober through it.