Notices

Court

Old 06-18-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Court

Anyone with a court date approaching?? I am in that situation and am on the edge of nervous breakdown. So scared, nervous, sad, depressed. Life wil change. If your answer is no just count your blessings and no need to respond.

Lilly
Old 06-18-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think we tend to anticipate the worse outcome hence the anxiety but it might turn out better than you are anticipating. Good luck to you.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am - I too am very nervous and anxious. I'm also to the point of just wanting it over. It's been looming over my head for 4 months. I want to move on with my sober life without the constant gnawing in the background of my every day life.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My DUI was a long time ago, so I've forgotten how anxious I must have been about going to court. Maybe it's good to be reminded of it though. I do hope it goes well for you.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don;t have a date looming - but I'm wishing the best for you Lilly

D
Old 06-18-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a court date, too, but it's for unpaid child support that my ex owes. BUT, I did have a DUI about 13 years ago. There were a LOT of people in court that day on DUI charges! I think they do them all on one day or something, at least here. The court date itself was really no big deal. I had to take some classes, go to AA, do some community service....after 3-6 months I got my license back. I was allowed to drive to work, etc in the meanwhile. It was humiliating and expensive and I never want to go through it again. But it wasn't the worst thing in the world. I know you're really scared and anxious but it'll be ok. Keep us posted on how it goes, and good luck.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Right there with you Lilly. This coming Thursday. The only way I'm getting through is by handing it all over to my higher power. I can't change anything all I can do now is to work on me and making a better life. What will be will be.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am still going nuts. Friday is my day. I have sobriety though and am praying a lot. I can't believe how stupid I was!!! How stupid the alcohol can make me!! Thank you for your replies! Will probably be on the board a lot for comrodery and sanity!! Don't drive ever if you are drinking. It's never worth it!!

Lilly
Old 06-19-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lostlily, I am sending you lots of positive thoughts and good vibes. I do hope you continue to post this week as you are waiting for Friday.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope things went as well as they could for you LostLilly. Fingers crossed