Notices

3 days down

Old 06-17-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 3 days down

I have been drinking daily for 9 years. My father is an alcoholic and some other relatives. I stoppped 3 days ago and feel very tired and foggy, a little nauseous....hoping it will stop soon.
My husband doesn't help, he says he doesn't think I have a problem, but he works second shift and doesn't see what I drink daily.
So, I guess I am doing this on my own, by myself. No one to talk to about this, except everyone out there who might be reading this.
I know the weekend is coming and that is going to be so hard to get through without a drink. We like to go out to eat and I always get a special drink of the month and then continue at home, the rest of the weekend.
Any advice?
I could sure use some encouraging words to get me through the next couple of days.
Thanks!!!
Old 06-17-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations 3 days sober is a great start.

I still remember when I couldn't go 3 hours without a drink.

Mountainman
Old 06-17-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just hoping to make it through the day, night and weekend. How can I stay on track, when my husband is the one who encourages me to have a drink?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Sharruth just be concrete in your words with hubby saying no I don't drink the temptation is high in early recovery but only if your looking short term tackling this now and accepting of your decision because of the effect it has on you

In this part of the forum youl find the weekenders thread to help get you through this weekend lots of kind caring people and the class of June a bunch of ppl getting sober this June

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Also the 24 h thread il link at the bottom

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...june-17th.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-139-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 06-17-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Just tell your husband that you aren't drinking, no matter what. In order to stay sober you must want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 days! It's not easy if you don't have the support at home. I'm in a similar sort of situation so I'm just spending as much time as I can on here.

Have you tried the 'reasons to drink today' thread? I found that really helped (and there are a few really good laughs in it too).

I dropped in to the chat yesterday too and everyone was super nice, so may be worth a try if you have time.

Feel free to message me too. I'm on day 2 and not looking forward to Saturday night in particular so all distractions are welcome!

Old 06-18-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Read and post daily on this forum, it will help tremendously. We are all in the same boat, wanting a better, sober life.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Welcome shar,

Great job on 3 days.

You are definitely addicted. Physically and mentally.

Every cell in your body is running w a toxic blend.

Get through detox, about a month, then you are into a healing phase. Both physically and mentally. This will take months.

Post a lot. Ask questions.

We are here for you.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing sharruth?

D
Old 06-18-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you and congrats on 3 days sober as that is not easy. Imagine how you will feel in 30 days, 6 months and a year sober. Keep it up.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well my husband says he likes me better when I am drinking.................................7 days down and going strong, without his support!!
Old 06-21-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Keep pushing forward, ultimately your husband can't make you drink but I know it isn't easy when support is lacking. You will be rewarded with your commitment to not drinking by feeling better but it takes time and unfortunately lots of it.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone for your support! Thank you for giving me someone who will listen and understand. It means more to me than you can imagine.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Keep going!!!! You will be so much happier. Way to go!!!! I'm on day 6 so I'm right there with you. We can do this!!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Way to go! I come from a family of drinkers too, so I get the whole " I like you better when you drink" conversation. My answer to that is " Well... I don't. So get used to it! " Most of my family has come to terms with me not drinking as heavy as them, and those that don't, too bad. We are getting sober for US, not them.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Are you going to meetings, trying AA, any program? An AA meeting is the perfect thing to work into your schedule over the weekend or daily, any time you (think before hand will) feel shaky about staying sober.

Sleep, hydrate, and if you can gentle exercise will be extremely beneficial to you in this first phase.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job reaching a week bud
Old 06-21-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Congratulations on making it through a week and especially the weekend! Every time you yet through a difficult time without drinking is building sober muscles for next time. Stay strong 💪