Notices

Hope for a Happy Post

Old 06-15-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope for a Happy Post

I hope someday I can post a happy post for all of you to read. I want to be healthy and strong and sober and happy and most important gain some self respect!! You all seem so smart, its hard to believe everyone are real people. I wish you were all in my town so I could come over, escape the horrible life I have.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by back2thegoodME View Post
I hope someday I can post a happy post for all of you to read. I want to be healthy and strong and sober and happy and most important gain some self respect!! You all seem so smart, its hard to believe everyone are real people. I wish you were all in my town so I could come over, escape the horrible life I have.
Hi back2thegoodme.Maybe you could join a few support groups in your area?
Old 06-15-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The fact that you want to be sober and happy is a good sign to me. You are always welcome to come here any time you like. Keep in mind that the people "here" on SR are no different than the people in the recovery community wherever you may live. There are certainly AA meetings and probably other kinds of recovery meetings near where you live right now so you could "go over" and meet some of them too.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Post away x
Old 06-15-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When there's Hope in the present, there's Power in the future!
Old 06-15-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there

Well I hope so too.

I looked back through some of your threads, to get some back story. Interestingly you have started quite a few, but never post more after you get responses.

I guess I ask, has anything changed since January? Seems you were pretty unhappy with your enabling, alcoholic bf? I didn't read everything so I'm sorry if I'm missing info you've already put out there

I guess where I'm going is, nothing changes if nothing changes. Have you tried to take any action to change your horrid life, or at least make plans on what needs to change and how to do it? Maybe post a bit more and people can share specifically what has helped them. I'm pretty sure you'll find a lot of friends here that care and relate.

Hang in there.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope that your situation turns around. I promise you if you stay sober things will only get better. You are special, amazing and smart too! Who were you before the world changed you? We all feel down sometimes but there is a way out. I believe in you!