Notices

Day 16: I screwed up majorly

Old 06-15-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You said you went to an AA meeting..... so where's the screw up? You may have taken the happy, joyous, free a little to far but hey it takes a bit to get it right. Don't get wallowed in the drama.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
[I].

i personally see your actions is a big RED FLAG.....about this whole "relationship" with the BF that is......you originally came to SR because of his addiction.....and all the nifty hoo hah that goes with it. i think even prior to your expectations and attitude about how he is currently behaving, the catalyst is the whole set up over time.

just my free four cents worth.......

Yeah, you're right. I just applied for a red flag patent because I think we might have actually created red flags. ☺
Old 06-20-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pearlady View Post
Thank you for your reply. I honestly didn't even think of it that way. But you are right. I think in this situation it would harm my boyfriend to tell him of the bad choice I made.

My bad attitude and expectation towards my boyfriend was what lead to all of this. How do I make amends to him for having a bad attitude? I think a lot of time apologies aren't enough. They just feel like words. How do I offer amends in a way that shows sincerity?

On my lunch break, I visited with my ex and I told him that I was sorry if what happened between us caused him hurt and that I want to be his friend very much. He was okay.
good stuff, keep on truckin (: l
Old 06-20-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for your honest share.

You need to think hard about amends - as we all do -so that you can figure out the best way to do so without hurting others more than necessary. No need to rush into anything at the moment. I'd suggest asking someone to sponsor you and cracking on with the step work. It was def the way to go for me. Not saying I don't still screw up and make rubbish decisions occasionally, but it's rare now, rather than every time I spoke or moved, which would pretty much sum up how I managed myself before the step work. It took me 6 months sitting in meetings waiting to *get* recovery, before I realised I just needed to do what everyone else had done. Daft eh. Typical BB thinking that!! Lol.

Amends for a bad attitude? Changing our attitude.