Notices

Hello

Old 06-13-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hey everyone this is new to me as iv only been drinking for about a year now and it's very addicting to me.. I drink shots of whiskey every evening starting about 7 till I pass out... iv never tryed actually quiting but there are days that my body's had it and I don't want to drink on some nights but not very often mabey 4 days since the year... but on them very few days when I go to sleep sober I wake up drenched in sweat and I have off the wall dreams Luke last night I felt a presence drag my bodie off the bed untill my feet hit the wall I was still in the air but trying to pull my self back in bed with my husband and son.... it was like the presence wanted me not sober and was not letting me sleep idk but is this normal I hate the dreams but literally I think the dreams is what's gonna help me quit drinking because if my bodie is acting like this when I don't drink at night then it ain't worth it but as usual I always say in the day time I'm done but as evening comes around I'll want some...
Old 06-13-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
Lots of great people here to help and guide.

Glad you are here too!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR.

The longer you drink, the worst the withdrawals are going to be.

For the first time ever I'm having withdrawal symptoms (just coming to the end of 6 days sober for the first time in over a year). Although they are not as bad as others have had, they are enough to make me think that I will NOT have a drink as I don't want to start at the beginning of these symptoms again !!

Until you totally stop the drinking you will keep having to go through these sweats/nightmares. If you are predisposed to them, then the longer you drink for the worst they are going to be to go through during withdrawal.

In the long run it sounds like you will end up with a choice - to drink OR to keep your family together. I have a 17 year old son and the last 3 years (the amount of time I have been drinking) has not been fair on him BUT he has stood by me through it all. And I hate myself for putting him through that.

While first and foremost giving up HAS to be for you, it is also necessary for the well being of your son x
Old 06-13-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Welcome to SR
Old 06-13-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! Please keep coming back and reading and posting. Sending you all the best
Old 06-13-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member